Trapshooters Forum banner

Perazzi TM1 reliability/function ?

2277 14
Have never owned a perazzi but looking at a nice one. 34" with tubes, very pretty wood, blueing like new. do they have coil or leaf
springs ? trigger assembly removal/how to ?. i've heard they a higher POI ?? what is the going $ for something like this?
i know pics would help but i didn't get the chance to take any. dennis
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
8,256 Posts
Coil or leaf springs, drop the trigger and you'll know.

Push the safety all the way forward and pull trigger assembly downward.

None that I've owned had a substantially higher than average POI. Higher stocks just like lower combs were available to fit an individual better.

Prices are all over the place. Who tubed it? That could make a significant difference for me.

· Registered
254 Posts
Your title "Perazzi TM1 reliability/function". I've had a TM1 for many years. Reliability, like other Perazzi's, is outstanding. The TM1 in particular has few internal / trigger moving parts so not much to go wrong. Easy to change out firing pin. I've never had an issue with it. As stated by phesantmaster to remove the trigger group push the safety on the tang all the way forward while pulling down on the trigger. The trigger group on my TM1 has a coil spring, has worked flawlessly. One thing to consider is where the top lever is when gun is closed. You want it to be right of center.

· Banned
1,793 Posts
"Push the safety all the way forward and pull trigger assembly downward. "

"...push the safety on the tang all the way forward while pulling down on the trigger "

There is no safety. What looks like a safety is actually just the trigger group release button.

Just like a BT99, or most any trap gun that wasn't fit to the shooter, it will benefit greatly from a 4-way adjustable comb.

I own 3 and have removed the ejector re-set rod.

1) I never let an empty hit the ground....nor gum wrappers, either. So I don't need/want an ejector.

2) My rod/hammer interface malfunctioned and caused potentially hazardous hand-fires.

· Registered
173 Posts
Can't beat a TM1. Built to last. I've used mine for over 20 yrs and thousands of rounds. Replaced locking block 15 years ago and still to the right of center. Mine shoots low with comb all the way down. Put 3 spacers to raise comb height where I like to shoot. Pricing is all over depending on condition ($1600 to $2500). Shoot straight and often

· Banned
3,051 Posts
Probably one of the best "workhorse" shotguns ever made! I've owned several Perazzis and still do, but best one I ever had and still shoot is an old TM1 of my Dads from years gone by.
What I've seen for myself with TM1 guns:
They are flat shooters
Light and quick to the target
Very dependable

Things to consider when purchasing:

I would always go 34" over 32" barrels...32" doesn't have the same resale value

'

· Registered
2,246 Posts
Have never owned a perazzi but looking at a nice one. 34" with tubes, very pretty wood, blueing like new. do they have coil or leaf
springs ? trigger assembly removal/how to ?. i've heard they a higher POI ?? what is the going $ for something like this?
i know pics would help but i didn't get the chance to take any. dennis
Been shooting mine since 1972. Approximately 1,750,000 rounds through it. Most trouble free gun i have ever owned. Very easy to work on. $600 new. $1,900-$2,200 Ball park for a nice clean one. Can't go wrong.

· Registered
727 Posts
I have a TMX its a high rib tm1 the barrel is on a tm1 stripped receiver i bought it used in 2002 and put a lot of rounds through it needs to be rebuild this fall which i will have done and shoot it for many more years. A tm1 is a great gun most shoot 60/40 to 70/30 price depends on condition barrel work chokes $1500 to $2800 good luck you will love it.

· Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Coil or leaf springs, drop the trigger and you'll know.

Push the safety all the way forward and pull trigger assembly downward.

None that I've owned had a substantially higher than average POI. Higher stocks just like lower combs were available to fit an individual better.

Prices are all over the place. Who tubed it? That could make a significant difference for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.