Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All :
I was shooting today at Tucson Trap & Skeet.
I shot with two gentlemen, one from Dayton , Ohio , the other was a Tucson boy.
He was shooting an older Perazzi TM1, Ser. # 9XX , 3 digits. The gun has had a nice home. Can anyone tell me year of Manufacture.
The weather has been nice in Tucson

Thank you / Joe Woods/Ontario

·
Registered
587 Posts
The one I shoot is #148 and was made in 1970 as far as what I read.I would think it would be mid to late 70's,but I'm sure someone on here knows the exact year.

joe

·
Registered
313 Posts
Okay, Only thing I can seem to find on my TM1 is: XX8 on bottom of barrel right in front of a star that sits right above letters: FINIO ? The last letter is not too clear. Ser.No. is 16XX. Can anybody help me here? Is the XX8 the same as XXVIII that is shown as year 1972? Just curious.

Also, did they use same system on TMXs, for year identifications?

Thank you.

Ross Randall

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
My TM1 has 109 on the receiver, barrel, forend iron, and trigger. I had the trigger made into a release, loaned it out and lost it. I would sure like to get it back. The gun is a Sietz converted with his rib and all. Bueford Bailey once told me he had one of the first TM1's imported here and he had to send it back as Perazzi recalled the first 100 they made. Jimmy Borum

·
Banned
2,644 Posts
"Okay, Only thing I can seem to find on my TM1 is: XX8 on bottom of barrel right in front of a star that sits right above letters: FINIO ? The last letter is not too clear. Ser.No. is 16XX. Can anybody help me here? Is the XX8 the same as XXVIII that is shown as year 1972? Just curious"

Yes - I've seen several combinations of Roman and Arabic numbers. 28 it is

·
Registered
313 Posts
Thank you Semperfi909 for the answer. Now can anybody tell me how to tell what year the TMX was made or rather how to tell?

Ross Randall

1 - 9 of 9 Posts