Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the factory bore and choke constrictions of an unaltered Ithaca Tm-1? Thanks Scotty

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Danny the barrel should have markings on it underside near the chamber something like 18.4 ,,, which would be your bore dimension you have to convert that to a decimal, your choke is what it is, to be sure of the constriction you have to get it measered, the one I had was a 40 but you dont know for sure what your is until you measure it, they are not all the same. Tony

·
Registered
390 Posts
The ones that I've owned or measured had bores of .724 or .725 with around .040 constriction. Hope this helps. Mike

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL No it's not Ernie this TM-1 is mine and Unca Ernie can't have it. Just trying to figure out if my barrel is stock or if it has been worked on.

·
Vendor
19,769 Posts
Scott. I would asert that your bore mike is "off". Few if any barrelsmiths will alter a italian bore by such few numbers. Seitz used to like .740 and about .032 const. I have no recent experience with Wilkinson, but I'm guessing he is likely at soimilar numbers. Those bore and choke IDs are kinda common and have been fo ryears. I suggest that you get another opinion. And it is possible that yor TM1 came from thefactory like that, with those dimensions. It could be too, that you have plastic build-up in your choke region. Cleand the bbl, re-calibrate your mic and give us a report.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.