Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,644 Posts
IF the recoil lug is properly bedded then you can tork the ting pretty hard. I.f the bedding is like usual and you tork it up you can bust all kinds a stuff.

Even snug and a bit can crack the things if they are improperly fitted.

Best check it out

·
Vendor
19,358 Posts
Skybuster has the right "feel" and how to describe same in words. Question answered. But as you snug the stock be aware that all the mating surfaces will abut at the same time. The top and bottom tangs should have a hair of space between the metal and the wood. A few thousandths, a touch more. Reapeated shots will indent the stock bolt tang on the inside and if the outter tangs are taking the pressure of the hits, cracks and splits will occur. the professionals use "accrabed" from Brownells to place a layer at the back of the bolt tang, then they tighten it up properly and let the accrabed cure. Now the bolt tang has a greater surface and harder surface to take the hits. Less likely splits and chips will occur. Doug Braker is a master at these simple but important steps to long lasting stock life.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Insert OE Perazzi screw driver handle style wrench into stock bolt - preferably through the hole provided in the recoil pad.

Liberally layer the handle with two coats of Perazzi gun grease - the second layer to be applied at right angles to the first.

Insert hand into bucket of comfortably hot water .... and hold there until you spell aloud 'PERAZZI' backwards - if you are dyslexic, that constitutes cheating, so do it twice.

Grip handle firmly with the immersed hand, and hold for a three count of 'MX8' spelled aloud [ this works for all models of Perazzi]

Turn clockwise until proper torque is indicated by slipping wrench ...

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
On some Perazzi's if you over torque the screw you make it difficult to remove the drop out trigger. Too much torque slightly deforms the frame...Smokit

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I must have over tightened it, because after shooting 50 targets I have a hairline crack where the stock meets the tang. Any recommendations on how to stop/fix it? Thanks Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts