Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the usual cost to re-solder side ribs and re-blue o/u barrels from an older mx8 and who does this besides giacomo

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I would trust only Dan at Giacomo's for this job. I made the mistake of trying another "un-named" gunsmith to do the job, and it was a mess. Giacomo fixed it right. As I recall, it cost me right at $400 at the time to have both side ribs re-soldered and the barrels blued. The blueing is the most important part of this job. The barrels cannot be hot dip blued, or salt blued, as this will attack the solder on the side ribs and you have to start all over again. The side ribs are not silver soldered!! Giacomo's will do it right.. Just my experience... Dan Thome (Trap2)

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
Check with the Gun Dr. as I remember, he as a cheaper alternative to re-soldering you might be interested in trying..

Jim

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
when I asked Dan about this loose rib issue on Perazzis a few weeks ago, he told me he fixed loose ribs on just every gun, even the high end English guns. So evidently people trust him enough to send him a loose rib on a Purdey to fix.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I can imagine it is, Barry. It has been about 3 years since I had it done and I'm sure the cost of doing business has gone up.... Dan

·
Registered
584 Posts
Are you kidding? Three months! I can't believe people keep trying to act like the're the same without Giacomo being there.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Eurojoe... Check your PM...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.