Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Ljutic Nut
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When was the last time you seen some of these? A guy I knew years ago came by the gun club today and sold me 35 boxes of these. From what I remember they only imported them for a short time in in the mid 80's.
P1020004.JPG
P1020005.JPG
P1020007.JPG

Reactions: Trapshooter

·
Registered
632 Posts
The last time I saw him he was in the late 1970s. Have not seen in nearly 40 years. I just spent a few weeks in Italy shooting and I did not see any of this type of lamination anywhere

·
Registered
909 Posts
Are they straight walled hulls?

·
Registered
32,233 Posts
Believe it or not we were just talking about these at my club this week. I brought them up whe we were talking about other European shells. Some members said they never heard of them, but one old timer remembered them too and said something to the effect the name was licensed to two gentlemen not connected to Perazzi. He said knew of one person who bought many cases and had 1-2 misfires a box.

We were trying to remember the time they were made, but could not pin it down to exactly when, sometime in the late 70's early 80's.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Did you just get the boxes, or are there shells in them? Let's see the shells.

·
Ljutic Nut
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
They are re-branded Clever shells. A guy named Larry Love brought them out to the old Paine Field Gun Club and sold them. At that time new AA and Federals were about $100.00 a case and these sold for about $85.00 a case. I bought 25 cases of them and never had a miss fire. They were a little more expensive than the Eclipse shells and shot as good as any of the promotional shells shoot today.

And Phillip I know you where around Paine Field when Larry was selling these, you must have shot a few of them through that Frigon you had.

Oregunner/Mark. They are all unopened full boxes. The only thing I see is that each box came from the factory with a little tab of scotch tape on both ends, that has dried out and is peeling away. There was one half full box, so we had to shoot them up, and they work just fine.

P1020009.JPG

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I have a single shell that I carry in my case that is green (Perazzi) on the side as shown above. I was under the impression they were produced by Fiocchi. I was thinking that Frenchie Frigon was selling these in my area in the late 70's to early 8o's.

Steve

·
Premium Member
6,001 Posts
I have a single shell that I carry in my case that is green (Perazzi) on the side as shown above. I was under the impression they were produced by Fiocchi. I was thinking that Frenchie Frigon was selling these in my area in the late 70's to early 8o's.

Steve
You are correct about Frenchie selling these. In fact he pushed them as hard as the gun.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Anyone have one they are willing to part with? Sure would like to have one for my collection. Gordy PS I shoot a MX3 AndMX15

·
Ljutic Nut
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anyone have one they are willing to part with? Sure would like to have one for my collection. Gordy PS I shoot a MX3 AndMX15
let me get a price on shipping. Ammo needs to be marked and you can't mail it.

·
Ljutic Nut
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ajax.

Arnold probably got them from either Larry Love or Dave Eastman. They went in together and bought pallets of them.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yes Jim I shot them through my Frigon at Pain Field, they had a little recoil in them but shot good. That has had to have been at least 20 years ago. back when you shot a TM1

Phillip

·
Ljutic Nut
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Phillip it was closer to 30 years ago. I would say maybe 85 or 86?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts