Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went down to Tucson to look at the vendors getting ready for the Spring Grand. Came back with a Perazzi High Tech unsingle. Nice gun but Perazzi does not make a factory installed release trigger. Who does a good job of converting the lower barrel firing mechanism to release? Gonna go out tomorrow and try it out but I have gotten so use to shooting with a release I am not sure if I can adapt to a pull.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
+ 1
Phillips Gunsmithing/Phillip Crenwelge did two of my friend's release trigger, they're very happy.

Reactions: Charlie Becknell

·
Registered
648 Posts
Had Phillip do two sets of Perazzi triggers to Double Release, 1 x genuine Perazzi and 1 x Giuliani, that was at the Grand back on 2013 and cannot tell the difference between either.
No malfunctions, well not with the triggers anyway, but with me that's a different story.
Super smooth. (the triggers, not me).

Release Trigger.....

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
I've used Phillip's Gunsmithing for many years. Reasonable price, high quality service, and he backs up his work.

·
Premium Member
6,023 Posts
I went down to Tucson to look at the vendors getting ready for the Spring Grand. Came back with a Perazzi High Tech unsingle. Nice gun but Perazzi does not make a factory installed release trigger. Who does a good job of converting the lower barrel firing mechanism to release? Gonna go out tomorrow and try it out but I have gotten so use to shooting with a release I am not sure if I can adapt to a pull.
You might also consider giving Merlyns Guns a call. He's at Tuscon and generally has a set or two of the old non selectable trigger groups quite possibly with releases. These can bought fairly reasonable as most folks want the selectable groups. This way you'd have a spare after Phillip got your primary group done and give you a set to immediately start shooting your new purchase.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Phillips releases are great I use allem releases due to he is a 30min drive from work. My next gun I get I will send to Phillips for release triggers. Good luck zack h

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You might also consider giving Merlyns Guns a call. He's at Tuscon and generally has a set or two of the old non selectable trigger groups quite possibly with releases. These can bought fairly reasonable as most folks want the selectable groups. This way you'd have a spare after Phillip got your primary group done and give you a set to immediately start shooting your new purchase.
I visited Merlyn and didn't even think about that. I know he did have some triggers. I was sad to see that his inventory was very low as he is retiring and has his trailer for sale.

·
Registered
22,873 Posts
I visited Merlyn and didn't even think about that. I know he did have some triggers. I was sad to see that his inventory was very low as he is retiring and has his trailer for sale.
Well hell, he’d probably made you a damn good deal then.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Don Rackley will be in AZ for the next month, and is at Tuscon right now. He usually has some inventory with him and it would be worth the call. 972-839-0205

Jimmy Bowen

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I'm out of Perazzi releases........sorry.....and its time to get off the road......I will be available at home and try to help with any problems......more later......merlyn

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am going to try and call Don this week and maybe drive back down to Tucson. How does the Giuliani compare with a Precision Gold Trigger?

·
Registered
648 Posts
I had a Precision Gold and while it was a great trigger I found the travel between set and release, set and release a bit to long for me.
Jim ***** is a class act and makes a mighty fine trigger but the shorter pull release of Phillips suits me better.
I may be wrong in my assumption of longer travel but that's my story and I'm stickin to it.

Regards,

Release..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts