Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a mx2000 that I would like to refinish. I would like to retain the gold lettering on the side and otherwise have it look original. Who would be a good choice for this and could you give me a rough idea of cost?

Also I've seen a couple lately with nickel on the receiver, this makes good sense and I think it looks good too. I've seen one with the gold letters preserved and one that wasn't, I would want to retain the gold letters. Anyone know who does this and ball park price?

Merry Christmas to all!!!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
You cannot nickel plate and save the gold. The gold will be covered. If there was any gold showing it was highly likely plated or Bonanza gold.

Are you sure is wasn't nitrided, like the Brownings. The gold can be preserved this way.

Doug

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Had Tony DeSimone plate both of my P's receivers, 3 triggers and forend irons. Great job. No gold left but that can be redone on request. I redid mine with Bonanza. Looks good.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
$400 plus $65 for the gold trigger.

<a href="http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q20/GunDr_Photo/?action=view&current=nickel_final.jpg" target="_blank">
</a>

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
Doug: Looks great!

I should have gone to you than the guys in Iowa who messed up my new MX.

Can you PM me for dealer pricing? Thanks.

Whiz

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.