Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me what the C stands for in a Perazzi MX3C Special . Oh and what would be the difference between this gun and an MX3 Special . thanks much and Happy Easter to you guys . Richie

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I believe the "C" designates it as a sporting model. Likely came from Perazzi with a non-Monte Carlo sporting stock, a shorter flatter shooting rib and as an o/u only gun. Maybe adjustable or selectable trigger? Assuming it's a MX3C, I believe this had a round mono block as opposed to the square block of the MX3 Special.

A MX3 Special is a trap model that came as a top single and/or combo. Has a square mono block like the rest of the MX family (mx8,mx15, mx2000, MX10 etc.) which means barrels and receivers are interchangeable with minimal (if any) fitting. Has a slightly taller rib than a MX8.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
The "C" stands for factory choke tubes. That should be the only difference...unless someone special ordered something different.

Also, MX3 Specials are probably one the best deals around for a Perazzi O/U. They typically sell for less than MX8s, but don't have side ribs to come loose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts