Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new TMX (new to me), serial 86xx, 18.5 MM bore. It's one and only choke is extended Stuart Wrights number 6 and by the brochure, that is a .024 constriction and Labeled IM. I think I want a tighter choke for it. (can't imagine a .024" constriction giving a IM concentration)
Question: Are the threads the same as factory assuming that by this 1982 build gun (by the serial number) had factory removable chokes? Do the Wrights numbers, IE. # 6 equate the same to the Perazzi #6?
thanks,

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I don't think the numbers relate between the two companies . You should put a bore gauge in your barrel and get the measurement.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
My TMX was also proofed in 1982 and actually has 18.5 mm bore at .728 but it is marked as 18.4 or .724. My factory #6 choke is .700 giving .028 constriction and I use this for 16 yards. I use a .036 factory choke for Handicap and it is marked #8 which should be .032 constriction. My #9 choke tube measures .039 constriction but I no longer use it as the #8 works great for 27 yard Handicap.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Some aftermarket choke company can make Perazzi factory threads. You have to try a factory choke to see if yours are factory threads.
0.024" constriction is considered IM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts