Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchaser a "TM1" with the striped receiver and screw-in perazzi choke tubes.The red perazzi card says 1978.
My question is , Is it a TM1 or a TMS? My other TM1"s are both the smooth sided receivers.
I always though the "S" ment special.
So do I have a TMS or just another TM1 ,Any one know and care to share the info? lol
Thanks C.W.

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
I don't know exactly what your model is, but regarding TM1 & TMS:

We discussed this years ago. Here's one of the thread. http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/sthread.cfm?threadid=326572&messages=1#1565551

TMS is a TM1 with factory chokes. "S" is "Strozzatura", in Italian.

"TM1 Special" is a "TM1 Special". That's w/ P4 trigger.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
The striped receiver was marketed as a Comp 4 some people call it a TM-4. TMS (TM Special) has an adjustable trigger for lop and a tapered rib.

What you have is a TM-1 with a striped receiver and screw in chokes and little nicer wood than the TM-1 and is a Comp 4. It seems to me the Comp 4 was sold for one year or until Perazzi flushed their inventory.

Surfer

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To DannyB, yes its like the one u pic. cept mine has adjust. comb, (aftermarket). By the way Danny, are you in Fla.??

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
Danny B.'s is a MT-6. That is the O/U version built for the 1976 Montreal Olympics.

I have a 1978 Comp. IV, or TM-4, with four factory chokes tubes, numbers 11,9,7,and 5, wrench, and original Ithaca case. It is marked as a TM-1 on the receiver. I believe they were manufactured from 1976 to 1978. Or, at least proof marked as such.

They are nice guns. That MT-6 that was sold recently by SSTG was a real beauty.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I bought two new Comp IV in 1979. At the time I bought mine
Winchester had just started importing Perazzi. Sold one and
still trying to shoot the other.

Doyal

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
stl flyn, mine is just like yours case and all ,except for the adjst comb and gracol. what const are the chokes by numbers?? thanks.

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
They had the constrictions written on them in red marker when I bought it. Going by memory, #11 was .043, #9 was .035, #7 was .025, and #5 was .017.

I think there is a system that is used with the choke numbers, to determine the constriction measurement. I think you multiply the choke number by .004. Which would be .044, .036, .028, and .020. That .004 multiplier has been disputed recently because of the metric conversion to inches. I am sure a Perazzi guru will chime in. Jack!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts