Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do Perazzi owners quite often put "PERAZZI" in big letters on the stock or barrel of their guns? Isn't this a little bit ostentatious Do they really need to call attention that they spent a lot of money on a shotgun?

· Registered
8,714 Posts
I'll bite.

Same reason for those who put "My kid is a honor student at OOOOO school" sticker on their car.

They want you to know what they got.

· Premium Member
12,776 Posts
It improves pattern percentage up to 15%!

· Banned
8,351 Posts
trapshooterjoe7,

That Browning must of looked weird with a Perazzi sticker on it ...

tomc66,

We actually do it so people have something to talk and ask questions about, also so we don't pick up the wrong gun unless of course its a Browning with a Perazzi sticker on it ... That sticker also lets us know which side of the stock goes away from our face or towards our face depending on which side its been applied to ... Then theres the theory that if they didn't want it on there why would they give it to us ..? Glad I could enlighten you ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

· Registered
1,118 Posts
I never put a Perazzi sticker, pin, logo of any kind on any of the Perzaai's I've had over the last 48 years. Why advertise somebody else's product?

Thank God Purdey and Fabbri never quite got that far in advertising.

· Registered
326 Posts
My Perazzi has a Federal Premium Ammunition sticker on it so I can spot it in the rack easily. I wouldn't want to pick up a gun belonging to someone else by mistake.

Gary B.

· Registered
1,866 Posts
There is certainly the view that one might be "showing off" by putting a sticker on their gun. There is also the plain fact that when you attend a big shoot, you may walk up to a gun rack with a dozen or more MX2000's standing there. Can you spot your gun from a few feet away? I could easily see that as a reasonable justification for an identifying feature of some sort.

I am not a bumper sticker kind of guy, nor do I have any Perazzi stickers on my gun. But I do put a small american flag on the bottom of my stock so I can spot it. I wish I had a Bill Mains grip cap made before he passed.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.