Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took apart my extractors due to not being able to shoot because of what is going on around the world. Glad I took them apart! The springs were full of crud! My question is, when reassembling do I oil or grease the spring and pin?

·
Registered
21,631 Posts
Just took apart my extractors due to not being able to shoot because of what is going on around the world. Glad I took them apart! The springs were full of crud! My question is, when reassembling do I oil or grease the spring and pin?
Little oil.

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
The Perazzi ejector springs are very strong, I've never seen one failed to eject empty hulls even when they're dirty.

But anything in our guns should be kept clean.

Ejector springs need very little oil, I mean very little.
I clean them then wipe them with oily cloth before reinstalling.
Same as ejectors. Not a lot of oil.

·
Registered
21,631 Posts
The Perazzi ejector springs are very strong, I've never seen one failed to eject empty hulls........
I have. A friend and one-time Colorado Singles Champ bought a half pallet of RIO Elite shells ( the super tall base ones ) and they wouldn’t extract. I replaced both over and under springs and it helped a little but it wasn’t reliable.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Another thing if you haven't done it already is to clean the inside corner of the ejector. Any crud buildup in that area can cause stress on ejector when the gun is closed & it can eventually break. It's an expensive fix. John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts