Trapshooters Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Vendor
19,099 Posts
And like Gary W., I shoot a mix and match Perazzi. Bless Perazzi for making a product that us tinkerer types can build into a true trap gun and often unique like Gary's. I built a similar gun to Gary's from a MX3 Special receiver, non matching iron, MX2000 unsingle, late model trigger and wood from who knows when... the shooter is bustin' them-all with the gun. And it looks great too. The MX3 Special receiver as a base platform is one of Perazzi best and the gold inlay is a touch we all love.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
It's to bad that Perazzi can't see that these guns in their original form would be a super seller for them as well as a great shooting tool for so many serious trap shooters. Yes I have to agree that the original MX3 was a very good gun that so many shot well but the MX3 Special was the cat daddy. Imho Perazzi needs to get back to their roots. Back when Perazzi,s felt like it was alive in a shooters hand. More weight, more adjustable trinkets has changed their feel completely.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So I'm the son-in-law of Trap2 who was a L O N G time member here. I now own his MX3 Special trap combo, and not sure what to value it at. My searches have led me here, and I'm trying to value it. Does anyone on here know where I could get that done without getting screwed over. I have a feeling it's between 7k-8500 with everything so I've been told, but not completely sure.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I can appreciate you opinion. I will still pay a premium for a gun with matching numbers compared to one pieced together by who knows, and may not fit properly.
But any barrels can be stamped to match. Any perazzi barrels.

·
Vendor
19,099 Posts
Bombadillo. I will buy the gun. Not sight unseen but you are asking for trust.. You can contact me by phone, text, or email. All below

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Trap2 and I shared a lot of emails back in the day. In 2007 I shot on a squad with Dan at the PITA Grand Pacific. What happened to the DB81 that he used to shoot ?

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
So I'm the son-in-law of Trap2 who was a L O N G time member here. I now own his MX3 Special trap combo, and not sure what to value it at. My searches have led me here, and I'm trying to value it. Does anyone on here know where I could get that done without getting screwed over. I have a feeling it's between 7k-8500 with everything so I've been told, but not completely sure.
The last I knew your father in law shot a DB81. Any idea when he switched to the Special?

·
Registered
114 Posts
These discussions about the mythical magic wand are always amusing since they never look at the magic gun's dimensions/specs. FWIW the MX3 Special that I had was anything but special and went down the road with no regrets, replaced by an Mirage that I still have many years later. The only certifiable magic wand I've shot was an SO4 and I regret to this day not buying that gun.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
From 2013:
[IMG alt="Trap2"]https://www.trapshooters.com/d1/avatars/m/3/3189.jpg?1405096234[/IMG]
Trap2
Registered

Joined Jan 28, 1998
3,599 Posts

#43 Oct 18, 2013
I shoot a Perazzi MX3 Special combo with a Kerry Allor release trigger in it. Since I started shooting Perazzi's only, about 15 years ago, I have never had the need for a back-up gun. When I got my first Perazzi, an older MX3 combo, I got a good video on the proper maintainance and repair for the gun. It also showed complete dis-assembly and re-assembly of the entire gun. I promptly tore that MX3 apart and put it back together several times so I knew what I was doing, and had the necessary tools on hand to do the job as quickly, and efficiently, as possible. Well, since that time, and about 8 Perazzi's later, the only time I have ever had one let me down was for a broken hammer spring that I didn't change when I knew it was getting old. My own fault, not the guns. Barry and Jack both have it right. A little preventative maintenance, and a regular visual inspection, has kept me from having to ever go to a back-up gun. I change my hammer springs religiously the first of each year, and change the springs in my firing pins, ejectors, and top lever every other year. Not that they need it, but, I need to do it to keep me confident in the guns ability to keep me going. It must work since I have about 100,000 registered targets with Perazzi's and have had only one hammer spring break in all that time. While I am a Perazzi guy, I'm just as sure any of the name brand trap guns will perform just as well given the care and maintenance they require to keep them on the line... Just my experience..... Dan Thome (Trap2)

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Now now shooter, can't advertise on any other forum than the for sale one. Just showing off the woodwork. We have done this at least 16 years ago, and to this day I haven't seen anyone come close...... Joe

21 - 40 of 43 Posts