Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
I have an MX2005 combo and shoot both barrel sets regularly. I like the gun a lot. The geometry/rib height of the 2005 is quite similar to the Kolar Max T/A, which I also shoot. The Kolar is a little heavier and has a slightly different swing and balance. Sometimes the Perazzi shoots well for me and sometimes I do better with the 2005. They are both good guns.

Ted K.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks Ted, I just sold my Kolar and decided to try the 2005. I too, had the Max Ta, which I liked alot. Just couldn't get the stock to fit. Needed another type stock.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Dave, if it has a rubbed out stock, it might have been mine. There aren't many of them around. I shot it for a couple of years and it was a terrific gun. I had some vision changes and needed to switch to a lower rib gun this summer.

It took some getting used to, but once I figured it out, it was a shooter. I shot some nice scores with it.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
I had problems with the MX2005 as there was a disassiciation between the rib.. and the barrel..(a visual thing)..I'm having better results with the short rib version I'm playing with right now.. If you include the DB81 in the question.. I think you'll have alot more answers regarding the high rib..

All work great for some people.. just a matter of which group you fall in..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.