Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been trying to increase the POI on my combo set to get 100% high.

*Before I go any further, I know the manufactured POI for the 2000RS is 90/10, so I know that I am behind the 8 ball a little bit*

It seems as though the higher I make the gun shoot, the further left it shoots as well. I say it makes sense because you're forcing more wood into your face on the side of the stock. Rather than seeing a "Figure 8" the rear bead seems to split the centerline of the front bead to the right. (Forcing the gun to shoot left). Take the spacer out, and shoots 90/10 fine.

Anyone else out there get 100% out of their 2000RS?

Good luck and break them all!

John

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can't move your comb left and right?
Should have added that tid-bit of information:

Comb hardware is maxed out to the right. I have also tried to make a rollover comb to see if it would make a difference, but no luck there either.

John

·
Perazzi MX10RS
2,004 Posts
Something not right with that scenario.
I agree. Sounds like it could be a severe canting issue.

I have my MX10RS (pretty much same gun as 2000RS) shooting 15" high at 40 yards. There is a small gap between the beads. Front of rib all the way down and rear all the way up. I don't give 2 craps about the gap because I don't look at the beads anyway.

·
Super Moderator
3,238 Posts
Haha! Exactly the reason why I posted here!

John
Post a pic or video from the barrel end of you mounting the gun, or have someone local check you out.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I have my MX10RS (pretty much same gun as 2000RS) shooting 15" high at 40 yards. There is a small gap between the beads. I don't give 2 craps about the gap because I don't look at the beads anyway.
So I though that I might be canting as well. So I set up a tripod and took a picture of me looking down the rib. What do you guys think?

John

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I have my MX10RS (pretty much same gun as 2000RS) shooting 15" high at 40 yards. There is a small gap between the beads. Front of rib all the way down and rear all the way up. I don't give 2 craps about the gap because I don't look at the beads anyway.
I don't use the beads either, but I can't stop staring a them since I noticed I was shooting to the left. It's frustrating, because I struggle with gun fit to begin with and I just want a stock that fits.

John

·
Premium Member
4,380 Posts
1 Sounds like you need a stock with more off- set. Some ( like me) need 1/2 "
2 If your post are long enough you can get a full pattern high.
3 Sometimes you can file out the slot on your comb hardware to get around 1/8" more off- set.
4 If its factory wood extra combs are easy to find. Take a comb and sand it down to give more off- set.
Henry

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 Sounds like you need a stock with more off- set. Some ( like me) need 1/2 "
2 If your post are long enough you can get a full pattern high.
3 Sometimes you can file out the slot on your comb hardware to get around 1/8" more off- set.
4 If its factory wood extra combs are easy to find. Take a comb and sand it down to give more off- set.
Henry
I am definitely in the neighborhood of 1/2".

Unfortunately the comb hardware is too close to the edge of the comb, and it broke the edge of the wood. This was a comb I made out of a spare piece of wood.

John

·
Premium Member
4,380 Posts
Ray Stafford would probably have what you need and may not charge you much if anything at all.
He would definately be a good person for you to contact.
Henry

·
Registered
391 Posts
You cannot center your dominant eye over/behind the exact center of the rib. You need a comb that allows you to center your dominant eye over/behind the exact center of the rib. How much you see between the beads is personal preference and what POI you want. This is not rocket science. Read Jeff Meloy's book and Rolin Oswald. Tom

·
Registered
433 Posts
Rather than seeing a "Figure 8" the rear bead seems to split the centerline of the front bead to the right.
My opinion:

- Difficult to tell from your description, but it sounds like you're only about "half a mid-bead diameter" (horizontally) away from where your eye needs to be, but the adjustable comb is at its adjustment limit. If it were my gun in this situation, I wouldn't hesitate to sand a little wood off the side of the adjustable comb . . . it shouldn't require much in your case . . . 1/16" max?

- But before you do that, verify that it's truly the adjustable comb itself that's causing the horizontal eye misalignment. Sometimes, it's the thicker area of the stock underneath the comb (highlighted in the photo below) that's causing the problem. If this is the case, then most anything you might try with the actual moveable comb piece won't help much. The main portion of the stock is still in the way.

Perazzi 2000 RS.jpg

·
Vendor
19,647 Posts
And Jeff. That has been and continues to be my issue as well. I corrected it by sanding off the shelf. Perazzi stocks mostly have that worked out tho as the main part of the stock is somewhat set in from the factroy comb edge

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My opinion:

- Difficult to tell from your description, but it sounds like you're only about "half a mid-bead diameter" (horizontally) away from where your eye needs to be, but the adjustable comb is at its adjustment limit. If it were my gun in this situation, I wouldn't hesitate to sand a little wood off the side of the adjustable comb . . . it shouldn't require much in your case . . . 1/16" max?

- But before you do that, verify that it's truly the adjustable comb itself that's causing the horizontal eye misalignment. Sometimes, it's the thicker area of the stock underneath the comb (highlighted in the photo below) that's causing the problem. If this is the case, then most anything you might try with the actual moveable comb piece won't help much. The main portion of the stock is still in the way.

View attachment 1674425
Your description is actually more accurate than mine, thanks for describing that better.

I have already sanded the side of the stock once but I am hesitant about going even further considering how close I am to the hardware. The thickness of the wood on the side is only 3/16", so I am afraid of going any closer.

I figured that the only way to fix this issue would be to bend the stock. Since I have a PFS and don't have the means to properly bend a stock, I changed the stock so I could get the off-set that I need.

The problem still happened with the raise comb/shoot left scenario. A buddy of mine shoots an MX8 and experienced the same issue.

I just wasn't sure if it was just me/my buddy or if others were experiencing the same thing with their setups as well.

·
Vendor
19,647 Posts
Pretty simple. Twist the front bead slightly and see if you can kick theBACK of the comb over a touch more

1 - 20 of 37 Posts