Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few drop trigger MX actions. ...One however has an issue where it is extremely difficult to add or remove any trigger group.

Anyone else experience this, if so how did you solve the issue?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Have you tried removing the stock? Sometimes an excessively tight stock bolt can change the dimensions of the opening. Or like Barry said, the inletting can interfere with the trigger. Does it have a hard time with the original trigger that matches the receiver?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for feedback, I will check the stock fit out later today. Could be on too tight.

I doubt it's the inletting, have used this stock on all my other actions with no issues.

It simply seems like the catch is not moving back as far as it should.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I've done some stock work and encountered similar issue if the rear of the action body (cage where the trigger group fits) does not correctly fit the stock. This can cause a problem when tightening the stock thru bolt. Tightening the thru bolt (over tightening) can pull on the thru bolt threaded section of the action body thus causing the sides of the cage to become narrow. Bedding the inletted section of the stock where it meets this threaded section of the action body would eliminate the issue. A properly fit stock would bear firmly to the action body where the thru bolt screws into the action body AS WELL AS the rebated portions of the buttstock (left and right hand cheeks of the head of the stock). The part of the action body that I'm referencing looks like a tuning fork with the stock and trigger group removed.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Next few times you shoot check the stock bolt and make sure it has not loosened more from the recoil. If it gets to loose it will split or crack the tang on the stock.

·
Banned
2,644 Posts
The stock bolt cannot be too tight if the action is properly bedded. That stock doesn't really fit that action.

just sayin' ..................

1 - 9 of 9 Posts