Trapshooters Forum banner

Perazzi MX-8 SC3 Beautiful Engraving For Sale

14892 33
Parting with some of my guns due to not shooting much ATA, too nice of a gun to have just sitting in the safe...
This is an older Perazzi MX-8 32" Over/ Under. It's set up for doubles shooting, Wilkinson did choke work on it. I've only shot it once for doubles, and it is one of the softest shooting Perazzi shotguns I've owned. I searched for about 2 years for a beautifully engraved hunting scene Perazzi, and this gun fit the bill.
The wood stock has a couple of issues...whoever owned it cut a sliver out of the wood by the opening lever to allow clearance for the lever. The pistol grip had a very fine hairline crack on the top of the pistol grip by the safety latch which has been repaired . Included are pictures to describe the beauty of this nice Perazzi.
Price is $6595.00 shipped to your ffl holder. PM me for any additional info. Probably not interested in trades. Thanks for looking!
Wood Twig Tints and shades Natural material Rectangle
Musical instrument Wood Wind instrument Trigger Shotgun
Wood Tool Metal Font Fashion accessory
Sculpture Wood Tool String instrument Kitchen utensil
Wood Dress Art Artifact Natural material
Wood Artifact Religious item Art Metal
Hand Wood Gesture Finger Nail
Gas Font Auto part Metal Audio equipment
Wood Sleeve Beige Bag Luggage and bags
Wood Wood stain Hardwood Flooring Varnish
Reactions: phatkaw
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
8,715 Posts
This is a bargain considering how much a later SC3/SCO gun will cost. Especially you won't find this deep chiseled engraving on factory Perazzi anymore.

· Registered
396 Posts
Parting with some of my guns due to not shooting much ATA, too nice of a gun to have just sitting in the safe...
This is an older Perazzi MX-8 32" Over/ Under. It's set up for doubles shooting, Wilkinson did choke work on it. I've only shot it once for doubles, and it is one of the softest shooting Perazzi shotguns I've owned. I searched for about 2 years for a beautifully engraved hunting scene Perazzi, and this gun fit the bill.
The wood stock has a couple of issues...whoever owned it cut a sliver out of the wood by the opening lever to allow clearance for the lever. The pistol grip had a very fine hairline crack on the top of the pistol grip by the safety latch which has been repaired . Included are pictures to describe the beauty of this nice Perazzi.
Price is $6595.00 shipped to your ffl holder. PM me for any additional info. Probably not interested in trades. Thanks for looking! View attachment 1752598 View attachment 1752599 View attachment 1752600 View attachment 1752601 View attachment 1752602 View attachment 1752603 View attachment 1752604 View attachment 1752605 View attachment 1752606 View attachment 1752607
Beautiful Comp. 1

· Registered
251 Posts
Very beautiful gun! That’s an old one also (Type 2) and maybe one of the oldest MX8’s I’ve seen? The scalloped receiver is definitely the calling card of the MX8 vs the solid-sided Comp1.

A question for the Perazzi historians; did the real early MX8’s have vertical vent ribs similar to Comp1’s, vs the later X slanted vent ribs? Thanks, BF

· Registered
8,715 Posts
Very beautiful gun! That’s an old one also (Type 2) and maybe one of the oldest MX8’s I’ve seen? The scalloped receiver is definitely the calling card of the MX8 vs the solid-sided Comp1.

A question for the Perazzi historians; did the real early MX8’s have vertical vent ribs similar to Comp1’s, vs the later X slanted vent ribs? Thanks, BF
It's a type III MX8 in SC3 grade.
I have one even older than that.

Older MX8 does have straight rib posts in some cases, not all. I had a MX8 top single with that kind of posts.

Reactions: puablo

· Registered
8,715 Posts
Based upon the ‘port’ side, or 3:00 o’clock position of the top lever release button, I’m guessing this beautiful gun is a Type 2.
Type III refer to FE attachment only. It has nothing to do with anything else.
Top lever release trip location changes were not related to type II or type III FE changes. You can have two type III guns with different trip release locations.

JFYR, the only difference between type II and type III is the location of barrel under lug, the shape and sizes are about the same. You can modify one to fit on the other if you absolutely want to, but there's no advantage between one of each other. The difference is within thousands of an inch.

And BTW, this gun is from 1970, two years into type III. I had one almost identical to it.

· Registered
106 Posts
i apologize for my lack of knowledge.
i know it says wilkinson did barrel work.
Does that mean they did thin walls like briley?
Was ths a factory choked gun that wilkinson worked on the chokes?
Or is it still a fixed choke gun that wilkinson has modified the still fixed chokes?
Thanks.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.