Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PERAZZI MX8 TUNE-UP
To keep your Perazzi MX8 style shotgun in top shape there are a few service springs that need to be replaced on an annual basis.
The top lever spring in these shotguns goes to full compression when the breech is opened. This is a stressful condition for any spring to be subjected to, and over a period of time the spring degrades. The top lever spring controls how tightly the locking lug engages the barrels when the breach is closed. A worn and weak top lever spring allows movement between the locking lug and the barrels and is the first turn down the road to a new locking bolt. It is much better (and a lot less expensive) to stay on top of the condition of the top lever spring.
The ejector springs in these shotguns are a little too strong and have a tendency to throw the hulls a little harder than most people like. They also stress the ejectors unnecessarily.
We offer a spring service kit for this shotgun that includes both size top lever springs .150 old style and .170 new style, a set of reduced power ejector springs and two new firing pin springs. All the springs are made of top quality chrome silicon wire and are preset for a long life. Follow the link below.

J&P Custom Products, LLC | Gun Springs Manufacturing

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sir,
I have noticed that you no longer advertise firing pins for Blaser F3. Do you not have them any more? I still have the set I bought from you but will be thinking about a new set in the future.
Thanks,
Conrad

·
Registered
138 Posts
Jim....I am in need of top lever spring for my MX 15 Unsingle and ejector spring. I have three sets of firing pin springs. Your website just shows them as a complete package. Can I purchase just the lever and ejector springs? Thanks......Bruce

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bruce You can order the ejector springs singly. So if you order 2 of them and put us a note in the comments box in check out that you need a .170 top lever spring and 1 ejector spring I will make sure you get the right stuff. JIM

1 - 20 of 121 Posts