Trapshooters Forum banner

PERAZZI MT6 TRIGGER BLADE

1210 Views 12 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  mpolans
For the Perazzi parts experts. Is the trigger blade on the later model MT6 (type 4, flat side receiver) interchangeable with the other coil spring triggers groups? I.e., MX 12 or MX 2000s.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,224 Posts
With a slight modification, it should work. the trigger spring set up is different between the MT6 and MX12. The MX12 uses a shorter, skinnier spring that I believe fits in a recess in the trigger plate and pushes against a flat surface on the top of the trigger blade. The MT6 has a spring that sits in a recess drilled into the top of the trigger blade. If you drill a recess in the top of the MX12 trigger blade, it should work. See pics. Blued trigger is MT6, silver trigger is MX12.

· Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With a slight modification, it should work. the trigger spring set up is different between the MT6 and MX12. The MX12 uses a shorter, skinnier spring that I believe fits in a recess in the trigger plate and pushes against a flat surface on the top of the trigger blade. The MT6 has a spring that sits in a recess drilled into the top of the trigger blade. If you drill a recess in the top of the MX12 trigger blade, it should work. See pics. Blued trigger is MT6, silver trigger is MX12.

View attachment 1756748
View attachment 1756749
That's what I was looking for.
Thanks!

· Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

You can be a pro, with Don’ s videos
BB,
Thanks for the videos, but they are for leaf spring triggers. The MT6 is a coil spring trigger so these videos are not applicable. mpoleas’ first photo points out a drilled recess that concerns me. Disassembly and re-assembly aren’t the concern. It is the exact placement and dimensions of the recess that needs to be drilled into the trigger blade that is the concern.

· Registered
2,224 Posts
A couple years ago I considered doing that but it was obvious that the cost/benefit/effort was just not going to make it worth doing. Especially since the only real change would be the color of the trigger.
JMO of course
In my case, I'm having an MX12 set back trigger blade modified to reduce the reach to the trigger, so not just a color change.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.