Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an MX2000 with 34” barrels. There is no rib under most of the forearm, but the rear 2” of the midrib are loose. Who does the best job repairing this?
Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have an MX2000 with 34” barrels. There is no rib under most of the forearm, but the rear 2” of the midrib are loose. Who does the best job repairing this?
Thanks,
Jeff
Another vote for Giacomos. Dan is a perfectionist. J. Sayle

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies. How big a bill are we talking about?
Anyone ever have Pat Laib fix a Perazzi rib?
Jeff

·
Sleep...What’s That?
419 Posts
Dan's work at Giacomo's is very impressive! He has done a couple of my shotguns and I am always impressed. If the barrel rib is brazed or soldered on then it usually involves completely disassembling the barrels from all ribbing, re-blue, and reassemble and adjust barrel POI's. Dan is the man!

If you have ever had any work done by Turnbull in NY and it involved barrels it was probably Dan who did the barrels.

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
Some people might not want to hear this, but my old gunsmith drove a screw/pin through a loose mid rib and kept it together for over 20 years.
I remember my friend paid about $65 for the fix.

·
Banned
2,644 Posts
Get ready for a big bill.
This has been an ongoing problem with Perazzi's for years.

CT
Considering the thousands of Perazzis sold in the US since the late '60's the level of this "ongoing problem" is certainly questionable. Ribs come loose on all kinds of guns. BFD Perazzi barrels have as well been subjected to a high incidence of molestation and there has been no determination as to how that might affect other aspects as well.

Reactions: GR Eubanks

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
problem caused by continual shooting of only one of the two barrels. On a warm day, the heat will cause expansion of the hot bbl and not the other.

·
Registered
525 Posts
A tiny bit "Bubba" but Loctite Black Max does a great job. Be sure to degrease thoroughly, apply liberally, wipe off the excess with acetone and clamp. Not perfect but will hold up surprisingly well. Giacomo charges about $600 to reattach a rib and reblue as I recall. (and worth every penny)

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
A tiny bit "Bubba" but Loctite Black Max does a great job. Be sure to degrease thoroughly, apply liberally, wipe off the excess with acetone and clamp. Not perfect but will hold up surprisingly well. Giacomo charges about $600 to reattach a rib and reblue as I recall. (and worth every penny)
I've seen it done that way before, it worked well considering the alternatives.

BTW, old Giacomo never charged much for his work, like most business, prices changed since the "New management".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts