Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a type 3 MX8 with 32" barrels that needs a new home. It is in good condition with some minor imperfections in the stock and forearm but no major scratches or gouges. Each side of the forearm was cracked when I bought the gun but they have been repaired and are stable.

It is an all numbers matching gun that appears to be unmodified other than having the stock shortened. It has fixed chokes, non ported barrels, and a bottom first pull/pull trigger. The comb is adjustable and the LOP is 13 7/8 with a 7/8" kick-eez pad. I still have the original pad which I would include in the sale. It would come in the original case which is in good condition on the exterior but needs the interior repaired.

The barrels are in really nice shape with no dings or rust. The bores are bright and shiny. I do not have a bore gauge but using a caliper the barrels measure about .690 on the bottom and .675 on the top. The barrel is stamped * and ** which is F and IM and 18.4 for the bores.

Don Rackley installed a new locking block in it late in 2018 and I have only fired 275 rounds through it since that repair.

I bought the gun with the intention of shooting doubles with it, which has not happened. It's really choked too tight for sporting clays and I use a single barrel for trap so I haven't shot it much. I haven't done anything to it other than the repair by Don and the replacement of the pad.

Price is $3100.00 shipped to lower 48. Your FFL would need to accept shipment from an individual. PM if you have questions or would like other pictures.

Thanks TC

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,665 Posts
I have a type 3 MX8 with 32" barrels that needs a new home. It is in good condition with some minor imperfections in the stock and forearm but no major scratches or gouges. Each side of the forearm was cracked when I bought the gun but they have been repaired and are stable.

It is an all numbers matching gun that appears to be unmodified other than having the stock shortened. It has fixed chokes, non ported barrels, and a bottom first pull/pull trigger. The comb is adjustable and the LOP is 13 7/8 with a 7/8" kick-eez pad. I still have the original pad which I would include in the sale. It would come in the original case which is in good condition on the exterior but needs the interior repaired.

The barrels are in really nice shape with no dings or rust. The bores are bright and shiny. I do not have a bore gauge but using a caliper the barrels measure about .690 on the bottom and .675 on the top. The barrel is stamped * and ** which is F and IM and 18.4 for the bores.

Don Rackley installed a new locking block in it late in 2018 and I have only fired 275 rounds through it since that repair.

I bought the gun with the intention of shooting doubles with it, which has not happened. It's really choked too tight for sporting clays and I use a single barrel for trap so I haven't shot it much. I haven't done anything to it other than the repair by Don and the replacement of the pad.

Price is $3100.00 shipped to lower 48. Your FFL would need to accept shipment from an individual. PM if you have questions or would like other pictures.

Thanks TC
Please have the forum member who made the purchase post I will take it on this thread. THanks George

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ok George........ I'll take the gun, as discussed with the selling poster, Sorry I did not know this was a requirement.......First time I have encountered this as a requirement to purchase on here.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts