Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perazzi in custody at Denver GunShow - HOAX!!

8K views 41 replies 30 participants last post by  Perazzi_MX8 
#1 ·
Talk about profiling! Denver....shame on you.

Don in PA

#3 ·
Rick- It looks like people in Colorado are on edge alittle. Are Perrazis' now going to be banned in Colorado? That is a sad story.

#9 ·
Used to think I'd want to go the the Colorado state shoot..... after this, not happening. I'll drive 500 miles out of the way to go to Spanish Fork instead.

Claydotter...please explain your statement "Scumbag lawyers" If I were Mr Perazzi, I'd be suing the pants off the cab company, the cab driver and anyone else involved in being identified/profiled as a terrorist and being detained. Slander, profiling, defamation of character and anything else I could add.

If you'd been detained....you'd be looking in the yellow pages under Scumbag lawyer too.

Some of these slow witted idiots need a lesson about making false accusations.

#12 ·
Under the homeland security act. Most people with commercial drivers liscences have had to go through training and are told to report suspicious activity and people. Who knows about this cab driver & why he was suspicious of him. If he wasn't doing anything wrong which I'm sure he wasn't. He had nothing to worry about. I'm sure he is alot smarter on the laws in Colorado now. No daddioo I would not be looking for one of those scum bags if it happened to me. I despise people and there scumbags who can't let a little mistake go. Sounds like it was straightened out. If he was not miss treated there should be no harm no foul call. What would you & the scumbags be saying if it was a terrorist and not mr Perrazzi??

#14 ·
Something is not quite right about this story... first of all, I am surprised by the fact that Perrazi was unaided with (7) firearms. Even as the "grandson" I would expect him to be treated as a guest of the event... so no one intervened on his behalf to assist the officers who responded, to verify or confirm the identity of the gentleman? Where were the organizers of the event when this took place?

I saw the video clip... should have been handled on-site... reprimand the officers if nothing else...

Jay

#15 ·
A little mistake is one thing....but being turned in to the police as a terrorist? That's no little thing, or a small mistake.

At the very least, they'd be making a very public apology and firing the cabbie.

To each his own.

#17 ·
I was also at the gun show in Denver, and according to what I was told by Steve Schreiner, who is an NRA director and a well known gun rights activist in Denver, the only reason he was turned loose AND given back his shotguns was that there was an attorney at the show who accompanied Mr Perazzi to police headquarters and interceded on his behalf. Apparently Mr Perazzi's command of English is limited, and he actually thought he might have done something that was against local laws. Denver police are known to confiscate peoples firearms and refuse to return them, even if no crime was committed. I'll think twice about visiting Denver again.
Nick Chronis

#21 ·
It's disgraceful and an embaressment for all Americans. This executive made a long/expensive business trip only to be picked up, questioned, excused, and purpotedly told to be "out of town by sundown", when he heeded the advice and jumped on a plane back to Italy shortly after arriving. "America, Open for Business" unless your an executive of a gun maker from Italy. Maybe the Blaser/Kreigoff guys pulled a Kerrigan on him, clubbed him in the knees as he arrived in town..... Probably be a damn long time before he returns to the US for business or pleasure, and that's a shame.

All joking aside, this really makes me angry. Sounds like something the IRS would do to a non-lib. Some Cabby's personal agenda being taken to far. Maybe we should all send an e-mail to Perazzi with an apology for the shameful treatment he received, let him know we disagree with what happened to him.

#23 ·
well 7mag.....again to each his own.

You wouldn't have to kiss his ass. But you'd sure be gettin' some time to think about it in the unemployment line. If the cab company is smart, they'd make a very quick public statement as to distance themselves from the cabbie and his actions. Then term his employment just as quickly.

Liability for all is pretty serious here.

Not only are the gun companies and gun parts suppliers moving out of Colarado but with this will probably come a new round of boycotts by sportmen, hunters and target shooters.

#25 ·
Too much fear-mongering... it leads if it bleeds...

After 911, folks wrote the editor of our local paper complaining that we (gun club) were being insensitive to the feeling of the community for continuing to offer trapshooting... I responded back, referencing an article I had recently read in Field and Stream in which I paraphrased...

My argument, as was theirs, was and still is, we must continue to strive for normalcy in our daily lives and not succumb to the fear and give-in to the terrorists' desire for control.

Listening to the Denver Mayor and others... loss of individual freedom as the lemmings applaud...

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.