Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
It's interesting many people said HT has less recoil, I didn't feel any different after two years of shooting that overpriced piece.
I fell it's the same as my other MX8 based guns.
Maybe I'll shoot them side by side one day and see what you guys are talking about. :)

·
Registered
390 Posts
To me (a long time Perazzi shooter), the message is very early. The High Tech gun has been out 2-3 years and it appears there will be a derivative of the gun available in about a year and a half.

If I was a prospective customer who did not have to buy a new gun now, why would I buy one now? I would wait and see what is new about the 2020 gun before I spent that much money on a gun that will soon be outdated.

What do others think?

Don
As someone who has been thinking about getting a custom made perazzi soon, should I wait? I don’t know if it’s just a set of logos or if it’s going to be waiting a little while longer.

·
Banned
848 Posts
As someone who has been thinking about getting a custom made perazzi soon, should I wait? I don’t know if it’s just a set of logos or if it’s going to be waiting a little while longer.
It's your money but... if I would be on the market for custom Perazzi today, I would order MX8 (in whichever grade you like) - it is (and always will be) the best Perazzi you can get.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Jessica R will be shooting a B gun that is made like a P gun. Dania will be shooting her P gun. Kim and Vincent will be shooting B guns..... will theirs be built like P guns? What will the rest of the field be shooting? Who's going to stand for their nations flag with a K gun? So many questions for Tokyo 2020......... who's gonna be the kid with the MX 8 no one knows yet....... do olympic podiums help bounce sales today? That is the question that interests me about this.

·
Registered
390 Posts
It's your money but... if I would be on the market for custom Perazzi today, I would order MX8 (in whichever grade you like) - it is (and always will be) the best Perazzi you can get.
Thanks for this. I have been taking a loot at the High Tech or an MX8 or MX2000. I don't have a whole lot of Perazzi shooters near me so I am going to hope to see what else is out there, (Beretta DT11ACS, K80, Caesar Guirini, etc) but I've been eyeing a Perazzi for some time now, as well as getting a gun that truly fits, and I can't really make up my mind!

·
Banned
848 Posts
Thanks for this. I have been taking a loot at the High Tech or an MX8 or MX2000. I don't have a whole lot of Perazzi shooters near me so I am going to hope to see what else is out there, (Beretta DT11ACS, K80, Caesar Guirini, etc) but I've been eyeing a Perazzi for some time now, as well as getting a gun that truly fits, and I can't really make up my mind!
I don't really care for DT11 or Caesar Guerini - nothing wrong with either, both are fine guns but if you have money to spend... Krieghoff and Perazzi are the only guns I would look at. I owned 2 Perazzis (MX2000/8 and MX12L, one for trap and one for sporting) but cold not make either one work. Kreighoff on the other hand... pretty much the best gun I have ever shot. And, since you mentioned Berettas ACS, I assume, you are looking for something more versatile than just a trap or a sporting gun so, check out low adjustable rib Perazzi MX8/3 (or MX2000/3 if you like that engraving pattern) or Krieghoff K-80 ProSporter - you can shoot pretty much anything with those two. I don't really shoot much trap or skeet except for practice so, I prefer Krieghoff K-80 Sporter - I have not shot a better gun than that. Your experiences and preference may vary, of course.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I don't really care for DT11 or Caesar Guerini - nothing wrong with either, both are fine guns but if you have money to spend... Krieghoff and Perazzi are the only guns I would look at. I owned 2 Perazzis (MX2000/8 and MX12L, one for trap and one for sporting) but cold not make either one work. Kreighoff on the other hand... pretty much the best gun I have ever shot. And, since you mentioned Berettas ACS, I assume, you are looking for something more versatile than just a trap or a sporting gun so, check out low adjustable rib Perazzi MX8/3 (or MX2000/3 if you like that engraving pattern) or Krieghoff K-80 ProSporter - you can shoot pretty much anything with those two. I don't really shoot much trap or skeet except for practice so, I prefer Krieghoff K-80 Sporter - I have not shot a better gun than that. Your experiences and preference may vary, of course.
I am looking for two shotguns. An upgrade to my current trap gun and a more general gun I can shoot sporting, skeet, etc with (as the gun I bought isn't for me). I'd like them to be two separate guns because I don't want to have to keep changing configurations. My biggest problem is I am far from the individual that shotguns stocks are made for and need to get something custom made or get an adjustable stock like the TSK or PFS. I thought it would be special to have a gun made for me so I know its right.

I'll check out the suggestions. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
The brief teasers I’ve seen of the HiTech 2020 show quite a few receiver/frame modifications. Once somebody knowledgeable looks into it they will find other internal metallurgical improvements .. the firing pin holes and barrel ears will be more durable, the locking block won’t wear out the way it used to. I’m also expecting to see a tang mounted barrel selector designed to work with a removable trigger for the first time.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Wood Axe Plant Hoe
To each his own gentleman....

I was able to buy my “hi tech 10” slightly used, with less than 1000 rounds at a very reasonable price for a Perrzzi.

The red lettering doesn't bother me in the least! I would have preferred RWB. I have had many compliments on this gun while putting 5000 registered targets through it since last October.

I Am very pleased with the Hi Tech 10! Its a better gun than I am a shooter!

Mortum shows some great examples of what one can opt for from Perazzi. ($.$$)

I read the same comments on here before purchasing....

Make no mistake, this gun is all Perazzi.

Mark

Ps- Wadhopper, I can see how you must have felt defending your world famous tri star!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
It’s their marketing plan. Sell the standard grade as a billboard. Think about it. If the standard grade had nice engraving fewer people would pay for a higher grade receiver.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts