Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a question or two for you folks that have owned both or shot both a bunch.

Does the High Tech really have lower felt recoil?

If you see advantages of the High Tech RS over the MX what are they?

·
Registered
Alfermann, Perazzi MX10, Silver Seitz
50 Posts
I own a MX10RS and have shot a High Tech. I could not tell any difference in felt recoil.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
A few years ago, I went to the GA with the intent to buy a new High Tech and replace my MX-10 RS. I shot two rounds with the High Tech and it crushed targets just like my MX-10 RS. The only difference was a touch more felt recoil with the High Tech. I attributed the difference to the recoil pad and toe (out). Although I had loaded my cash card for the purchase, I did not get the new gun. Spending a bunch money and getting a recoil issue to address just did not make sense.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
We’re all a little different. I’ve had a number of Perazzi’s over the years and I do feel the high tech is the softest shooter of the bunch. Very happy with it. Ten shooters probably ten different opinions, that’s what keeps things interesting

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have had several Pguns. Have had both 10RS models. Current model is the High Tech RS. It feels like less recoil to me. Several other long time ATA shooters that that shot it also agree it has very low recoil and smashes targets great. I'm pretty sure this will be shooter for many years to some for me. Try one at one of the larger shoots for yourself. Shoot the one that you shoot good and you have great confidence in.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
HT has 1 oz extra weight at the receiver says Perazzi.
I never weighted mine to confirm that.

But I think stock configuration has more to do with felt recoil.
Then again, my weekly shooters all have recoil devices, so I wouldn't know any difference anyway.

·
Ya can't miss with a shotgun
2,560 Posts
I have a question or two for you folks that have owned both or shot both a bunch.

Does the High Tech really have lower felt recoil?

If you see advantages of the High Tech RS over the MX what are they?
People can say what they want, but 1oz of additional weight in the receiver of the HT will make zero difference in felt recoil, and it’s foolish to think so. Better gun fit?.... of course that makes a big difference. An appreciable amount of added gun weight?..... of course that makes a big difference; in fact, adding gun weight is the biggest contributor in the equation to reducing recoil,
........and much more than just adding one ounce.

Get the HT if it fits well, looks great to you, and is what you want.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts