Trapshooters Forum banner

Perazzi Help Bunker Gun?

5936 Views 30 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  DB Bill
This Perazzi is numbered in the 32xxx range I believe it to be from 1969. I am not sure if it is a Comp 1 or Bunker. One barrel is 28 1/2 and the other 29 1/2 both numbered to gun. Gun has two extra triggers in original packaging. Does anyone have ideas on this gun? Is it a Type 3 forearm? The gun is not for sale but any info is appreciated.

Jake
Gun Rifle Shotgun Air gun Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This Perazzi is numbered in the 32xxx range I believe it to be from 1969. I am not sure if it is a Comp 1 or Bunker. One barrel is 28 1/2 and the other 29 1/2 both numbered to gun. Gun has two extra triggers in original packaging. Does anyone have ideas on this gun? Is it a Type 3 forearm? The gun is not for sale but any info is appreciated.

Jake

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Jake

Gun Firearm Shotgun Trigger Air gun

· Registered
2,343 Posts
It's a type 2 SC1. aybe a type 1 but I would have to physically inspect it to make sure. Serial numb indicates it is probably earlier than 1969. need to see the proof marke to be accurate. its a typical Italian bunker/ bird gun.

TB

· Registered
8,717 Posts
It should be a type I Comp 1 from '68. Proof date mark XXIV ?

Are you sure both barrel ser.#d to the receiver? Check the proof date code.

A Browning Superposed Hartmann case?

· Banned
2,644 Posts
If the bbls were originally both for the gun the serials would be the same. One would also have a "MTR" prefixed number because it was proofed w/out an action to be fitted later.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help
I will get proof marks tonight
I bought the gun to shoot but is almost seems more of a collector piece (came from estate)
both barrels are definitely numbered to gun—one is a flat rib and the other a step rib
28 1/2 choked im mod and full and 29 1/2 choked imp mod and xtra full
the gun seems all original and unmolested and in excellent shape

What are the extra trigger worth?

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the help
I will get proof marks tonight
I bought the gun to shoot but is almost seems more of a collector piece (came from estate)
both barrels are definitely numbered to gun—one is a flat rib and the other a step rib
28 1/2 choked im mod and full and 29 1/2 choked imp mod and xtra full
the gun seems all original and unmolested and in excellent shape

What are the extra trigger worth?

· Registered
8,717 Posts
The triggers in your picture appeared to be correct for the period.

Hate to bring this up, but Comp 1 / SC1 is not particularly collectable, it's among the lowest priced Perazzis on the current market. And the type 1 barrel is kind of hard to find another match to sell it separately.

The skeleton fence trigger with old style hammer would worth approx. $400~450 each.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You are right—it is just odd to find one with two numbered barrels in this good of shape
It will go to the range
my guess is that it might be worth $3500
Gun is about 97%

People seem to alter Perazzi's with lenghtened forcing cones, briley chokes, new stocks, backboring, porting

This one seems all original and hardly used

I want to see how it shoots

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is the first Perazzi I had my hands on and I couldn't believe the quality of the gun. The wood is nothing fancy but the quality of the barrels and receiver (case coloring outstanding) is like nothing I have seen. I

· Registered
8,717 Posts
Don't let the relatively low price fool you, these are great shotguns. You can shoot it for life. If you don't mind not holding the gun by receiver, the case color will remain beautiful as long as you own it.

Can't wait to see what's the proof marks on the barrel. It's an interesting set.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Steve
Barrels are XXV and XX8
Does that mean an MX8 barrel was fitted and numbered to the gun at a later date?

I can't believe you recognized the case—it is a Browning.

· Registered
8,717 Posts
Yes, the XX8 (1972) barrel was renumbered and added to the gun on later days. In Italy, each barrel should have it's own number, and they are all in the record with the Italian proof house.

Here're a couple examples of filled and re-stamped numbers, two of the best jobs I've ever seen. This happened because some people like matching #s on their gun, even on these non collectable ones. Guess who is paying the cost? :)

Product Font Material property Label

And yes, you have a valuable Browning Superposed two barrel combo case, most likely made by Hartmann at the time. If you ever want to sell the gun, don't put it in this case, it'll be a waste.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.