Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have three (3) Perazzi Gun Cases.

My TM1 Case has a minor whiff of mold smell when fist opened. Is there an easy method to get rid of this without removing all of the material?

The other two cases, two gun and one gun. Not in great shape but they are original Perazzi cases and I would like to fix then up for sale or trade. One needs to be cleaned and one should have the foam replaced. Any thoughts on where to begin?

I will post photos later today.

Cheers, Dusty

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It looks like one Perazzi case (single gun) and one double case with a Perazzi decal attached.

Perazzi Case: 35-3/8" x 9-3/4". Latches on both ends function. Combination catch in center is missing the chrome latch arm. Foam is soiled, case is solid but shows some signs of use (marks and wear).

Double Case: 36" x 7" x 6". All latches and combinations are functional. Interior shows area where gun oil and powder residue is present. Solid case but shows signs of wear and use.

Back to my original question; Is there a place to start to refurbish these cases or tade or sell outright.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks, Dusty
dustyone60_2012_210213.jpg

dustyone60_2012_210214.jpg

dustyone60_2012_210215.jpg

dustyone60_2012_210216.jpg

dustyone60_2012_210217.jpg

dustyone60_2012_210218.jpg

dustyone60_2012_210219.jpg

dustyone60_2012_210220.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joe:

Thanks for the note. That's probably the best course of action. Just taking inventory and wondering what to do with this stuff.

Cheers, Dusty

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Dusty:

I redid a Perazzi case a few months ago. Here's a link to the thread:

http://www.trapshooters.com/noframes/cfpages/thread.cfm?threadid=322905

There are photos of the progress, along with notes on what I did each step of the way.

Gene in Illinois

·
Premium Member
10,531 Posts
You can buy "activated" charcoal packets and put them in you case. Might as well put one of those boxes of baking soda that is just made for refridgerators. Leave them in for about a week and that should help.

·
Supporting Vendor
1,168 Posts
i can rebuild you perazzi case that is mfg by Negrini we are the repair and warranty center in the USA for Negrini you # 2 case is a john hall and we can redo that to. Jim

·
Registered
967 Posts
If you know any Realtors, see if you can borrow an Ozone Machine. Open and bag up the cases.... run the Ozone into them for 24 hrs. The mold will be killed and the odor will be gone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts