Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Vendor
19,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those making their own "Glove" stocks, here are some pics of Perazzi glove stocks. I'll do some addl pics if you need something specific not shown. First a Righty.

mia_2008_0303868.jpg

mia_2008_0303869.jpg

mia_2008_0303870.jpg

mia_2008_0303871.jpg

mia_2008_0303872.jpg

·
Registered
13,619 Posts
They put your hand in the same position every time, and help keep it from moving under recoil for two shot games. Anyone using an EVO-COMP stock has one, and a lot of wood stock shooters have them as well (ISSF shooters).

I think they are advantageous IF the fit the shooters hand properly. I wouldn't mind trying one if I were having a custom stock made, but I'm not sure I'd buy a pre-made stock that way.

Worst case scenario if you don't like it, just grind it off and you have a traditional grip.

I've thought about making my PFS grip into a "glove grip" but it might make opening the gun a pain since I'm a lefty and have to PUSH rather than PULL the top lever to open it, and the "horn" might get in the way.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
I'm a lefty like Ian and tried a Perazzi left hand version with adjustable comb, it felt great and seemed to give more control. I wasn't ready to bust out $1,500. May have done so If didn't have three PFS.

Surfer

·
Vendor
19,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No. The lefty was a custom made at the Perazzi factory and the fellwo went there to get fitted. 5 grand later this stock shipped to the states.

But now I see what you mean. Yes that is a band saw issue. the stock is SC height for what it is worth.Both are. It may me aftermarket. I already put it away.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Ian,

I had to loosen my grip reach for the lever. I've had several Perazzi's all except one that had a large radius grip and the glove fit I could open without letting up on my grip, I do however have small hands. The short answer, it wasn't that big of deal,

Surfer

·
Registered
158 Posts
Sure would help with locking the wood to the shoulder. Should help keeping your head in the right place. If the gun fits the better you shoot .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts