Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious...What differentiates a Perazzi for American Trap vs International Trap and Double Trap ?

Is it rib height, barrel length, chokes ?

Thanks,
Dave

·
Banned
2,644 Posts
Perazzi has about any conformation that you could want. You can pick one that suits you and then shoot whatever game you like.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
From what I've seen, a MX2000/8 or an MX8 with a flat rib seems to be the most popular choice for international trap . I've also seen a few Mx2000/3 that has the low adjustable rib.

Mx2005's and MX2008's are more popular with doubles trap shooters. But there are those that shoot with fairly flat ribbed guns. Innocenti shoots a Beretta but he's not using the high ribbed adjustable version.

At a larger ATA trapshoot you won't be able to throw a rock and not hit several MX2000RS or MX10RS. TM1's and TMX's are still very popular with people who like top singles.

Like the other posters have said, people vary in their preference, but those seem like the trend most follow.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Perazzi must make 3 dozen variations of barrels. Barrel length, rib, weight, fixed choke, screw in chokes, unsigned, over singles, over unders.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi guys,

Thanks for all your thoughts. I currently own an MX 2000/8 that I use for sporting but would like to spend more time at the trap field and might use this for that.

Recently I purchased an 1100 Competition Synthetic and (no kidding) my sporting scores went from the high 60s to the low 80s within a few weeks. It has to be the lack of recoil. The gun is somewhat heavy at 9 lbs. 2 oz. and has a Ken Rucker Auto-Buster. No recoil and no flinching even with the fast heavy loads.

May have to try that at trap as well...

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hi guys,

Thanks for all your thoughts. I currently own an MX 2000/8 that I use for sporting but would like to spend more time at the trap field and might use this for that.

Recently I purchased an 1100 Competition Synthetic and (no kidding) my sporting scores went from the high 60s to the low 80s within a few weeks. It has to be the lack of recoil. The gun is somewhat heavy at 9 lbs. 2 oz. and has a Ken Rucker Auto-Buster. No recoil and no flinching even with the fast heavy loads.

May have to try that at trap as well...
I recently sold mine awhile back, it sat in the safe & never got used. They're great guns & have super low recoil; but my 870 trap won over when it came to decision time.
Try yours for trap with a full choke, the chokes pattern nicely; you'll like it!

-Ithaca

1 - 8 of 8 Posts