Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a bit confused in P choke designations. In their chart they have IM and M both marked as 1/2 and triple dot in a circle for barrel marking for both.
So what would be the difference between 1/2 Mod and 1/2 Imp Mod?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Multiply each choke number by 4 and that will give you the amount of choke.
#5 x .004 = .020
#6 x .004 = .024
My 32 inch fixed choke has .024 in the bottom barrel and .032 in the top barrel.
Devonian.
it's a fixed choke barrels o/u Bottom barrel marked 3 dots in a circle, top barrel marked 2 dots.
There's no numbers

BTW do you shoot steel target loads out of your barrels?

·
Registered
24,588 Posts
I'm a bit confused in P choke designations. In their chart they have IM and M both marked as 1/2 and triple dot in a circle for barrel marking for both.
So what would be the difference between 1/2 Mod and 1/2 Imp Mod?

View attachment 1759543
100 grams of bbl weight.

·
Registered
24,588 Posts
I meant constriction wise since they both claim to be 1/2
Look at the chart itself. Names are irrelevant given the math. Go by measurements if unsure. If you look at bbl weight vs label it will tell you if you have a 5 mm or a 6 mm restriction. 6 mm bbl is 100 gm lighter than a 5 mm bbl.

Reactions: Steve W and Pavlin

·
Registered
14,531 Posts
Look at the chart itself. Names are irrelevant given the math. Go by measurements if unsure. If you look at bbl weight vs label it will tell you if you have a 5 mm or a 6 mm restriction. 6 mm bbl is 100 gm lighter than a 5 mm bbl.
You are reading that chart incorrectly.

Each row does not correlate all the way across, otherwise the 2nd row would indicate a set of barrels that weigh 1oz...

The far right block simply indicates a grams to lb conversion for total gun weight, a little poorly laid out graphic design work I'll admit.

There is no way .004" (.1mm) LESS constriction in each barrel adds 100 grams (3.5oz) of weight to the barrel. There are also no barrels in existence that weigh almost 9lb.

·
Registered
24,588 Posts
There is no way .004" (.1mm) LESS constriction in each barrel adds 100 grams (3.5oz) of weight to the barrel.
Argue with Perazzi. Read the bleeding chart.

·
Registered
14,531 Posts
Argue with Perazzi. Read the bleeding chart.
I promise you you're reading or interpreting the chart provided wrong.

Otherwise please point me to a set of extra full BARRELS that weigh 8lb 3oz, or a set of cylinder barrels that weigh 1 ounce...

·
Registered
8,060 Posts
The way this chart was printed is confusing.
The right side of the chart should be separated from left, they shouldn't put them together with continuing lines.
The weight chart has nothing to do with choke chart.

I'm worrying Tron is thinking of lawsuit.

·
Registered
859 Posts
One more reason to buy a Krieghoff :unsure: 🤣

·
Registered
250 Posts
Mic the barrel if you have to know what the actual dimension is. In use the difference is meaningless. Worry about something important.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts