Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
917 Posts
If I didnt know better I would think you guys shoot a lot of rounds. Wow, maybe when I retire I will be lucky enough to have the time to shoot this much. Those are some work horse shotguns
I wish, my used MX-2000 is new to me this past summer and I've been able to take it to the trap field twice. 2021 is my ramp up year and 2022 I'm done with the whole 40 hr week work thing (retiring) so I hope to be shooting a truck load of rounds in various Trap Shooting destination locations. Not so much ATA kind of shooting but more vacation see the United States and shoot some trap along the way.

· Registered
2,766 Posts
Time to get a top barrel and even it out.

· Registered
968 Posts
The face looks something like my 32 inch MX8 Mirage. My gun has more than 225,000 through it. It looked the same when I purchased it in 1991 with 125,000 through it. If you are lucky you will live long enough to wear it out in another 50 years. [or more] Enjoy it.
Devonian.

· Registered
8,715 Posts
skeet man is exactly correct!

Since both Perazzi firing pin holes are drilled at angles, they should appear elliptical.
Exactly!

Both firing pins are angled to the breech face, they're side by side inside the receiver, not over and under.
When you look at the gun from the back, top pin on left, bottom pin on right (so are the hammers).

· Premium Member
4,844 Posts
Exactly!

Both firing pins are angled to the breech face, they're side by side inside the receiver, not over and under.
When you look at the gun from the back, top pin on left, bottom pin on right (so are the hammers).
View attachment 1732584
Correct & why the correct replacement firing pins & Hammer profile is important.
As far as the breech face Id say your good to go.
But where are the Perazzi face masks? :unsure:

· Registered
3,965 Posts
My TMX was proofed in 1982 and I bought it as used in 1987. It had some damage on the firing pin hole from early made in Finland primers when I bought it. I could have sent it to Pat Laib for the BT99 insert type of repair but many years ago I had Phil Crenwelge weld the face and it still looks good to this day.

· Registered
10,622 Posts
My MX8 shooter has over 350,000 rounds through it. I have always greased the face around the firing pins and where the ejectors meet the breech face. I have wear ... but not bad.

As for the non concentric firing pin holes ... they’re that way when the gun was brand new.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.