Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some extended chokesfor a Perazzi MX7. After some research I have found that I need Type 4 (how Perazzi USA refers to them) also known as Gen3.
Thanks
Chad

·
Registered
589 Posts
Chad.
It would be better for you to confirm the bore size of your MX 7 18.4mm ?, 18.5mm ?, 18.6mm ? or 18.7mm ?
Bore size will be stamped on the underside of your barrel lumps.
Thanks
Phil

·
Vendor
2,066 Posts
Chad,

I believe you actually need Gen2 tubes. I stock Gemini tubes (identical to original Perazzi tubes) in all constrictions.

Go to www.donrackleygunparts.com and search for "Tube".

PM me your phone number and I can call you tomorrow. Family commitments today.

Don

·
Registered
589 Posts
Chad.
Type 4 threads are classed as 21.00mm in diameter but will measure 20.85mm with a 0.75mm thread pitch in either 18.4mm, 18.5mm, 18.6mm and 18.7mm bore diameter.
Type 2 threads are classed as 20.50mm in diameter but will measure 20.35mm with a 0.75mm thread pitch in 18.4mm bore diameter.
Thanks
Phil

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Phil
I am quite sure I have Gen 3/Type 4. If you look at the pics I attached I have the flush mount Gen 3 styled in the picture

·
Registered
589 Posts
Chad.
If your original flush choke tubes are 46.00mm in length the thread will be 21.00mm in diameter and can only be the Type 4 variety in either the 18.4mm or 18.5mm or 18.6mm or 18.7mm bore size.
If your original flush choke tubes are 38.70mm in length the thread will be 20.50mm in diameter and can only be the Type 2 variety in only the 18.4mm bore size.
It might be best to bypass the term Type/Gen 3 unless someone is specifically looking for the flush style choke tubes ?
A vernier gauge or a 0" to 1" micrometer and a thread gauge are usefull to confirm etc.
It's more confusing than unknotting spaghetti ???
Thanks
Phil
P.S. I believe that I am 100% correct in stating that the flush fitting Gen 3 choke tubes were only available in a 38.7mm length and were a Perazzi after thought/alternative for the 18.4mm bore Type 2, 18.4mm bore choke tube treads ?
If you have a 46.00mm "flush" choke tube length "IT'S THE TYPE 4 VARIETY"
Hope the above helps
Phil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts