Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was stripping so I could get my iron reblued and I'm not sure how to remove the ejector sears and springs.
Pin is definitely bigger on the inside so I assume it punches in...but the inside looks filed in position and the outside looks engraved so I hate to mess it up.

edit: also, looks like there is a pin in the forearm latch catch. Do you just drive that out? Doesn't seem to want to move with a couple of taps.

upload_2020-5-25_17-2-22.png

upload_2020-5-26_11-48-40.png

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
The ejector sear pins need a firm hit to remove. Outside of making sure the punch is centered on the pin and small enough to not damage the forend iron. The big head on most are knurled so the pin is kept in place with out needing to use a lot of force to set them in place when reinstalling. Keeping control of these sears so that the spring doesn't get launched across the room is the rest of the challenge.

That little pin in the forend that keeps the release from over traveling. The easiest way is to drive it inwards until it drops free. When everything is done and you are reassembling start it in from the outside and use a bigger punch to make it even with the out side.

Reactions: hbar314

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
Or you can send it to Phillip on this site for rebluing, he'll take care disassembling and re-assembling for you and won't charge you extra for it.

Reactions: Charlie Becknell
1 - 3 of 3 Posts