regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There was someone looking for a type 4- thats why I posted this

Someone sold a type 3 MX3 for $1550 recently

Guy sent me an irate email- wanted me to prove that my type 4 barrel would fit a type 4 receiver

He had purchased a type 3 barrel and was pissed off because the guy hadnt told him that it wouldnt fit a type 4 gun-- he was nearly irate with me for advertising a type 4 barrel without proof that it would work on a type 4 gun

He really got irate when I mentioned that it was obvious that a type 3 barrel wouldnt fit a type 4 gun unless you also had the forearm iron or were willing to replace the barrel forearm lug

He and several others have been irate when I have mentioned that any Perazzi barrel may require fitting and just because it fits on to the receiver doesnt mean it is fit

Regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wasnt specific enough- I corrected that

I am aware that all DB81s are type 4s but there are variances as Mike knows- and the ones with the release button on the right are considered to be the best- not because of the button

I was referring to an MX3 as a type 3

Regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No all MX3's are not type 4s and yes on the MX3 they do require rounded monoblock walls

Now possibly all MX3 specials are type 4- in fact I think they are and they take MX8 barrels

regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Registered
713 Posts
Gene,
You are mistaken. ALL MX3's are type 4. It even came out later than the DB81. The MX3's came out in 1983 and the DB81 came out in 1981. The MX3 Special came out in 1987.

Joey

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmmmm- OK Joey- that isnt the way I remember it- and I didnt look it up- but you seem certain so I must be wrong

Thanks for the correction

Regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tom- dont know

I think I used a DB81 stock for a project awhile ago and I never had the barrels

This was going to be a "project" and I havent gotten around to it yet

Regards from Iowa

Gene

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.