Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Winchester Import TS barrel with screw choke, came with one choke, extra full. The whole Gen 2 or 1 maybe 3 gets confusing. Help with what choke is in gun? AFBF933E-CCAD-4D46-ADD5-5AE7FE27D4C3.jpeg B4E1B7E3-0971-4A80-BE89-0ED02584CE42.jpeg EBDB713F-6D69-4C21-87ED-CC3F43226EC1.jpeg

·
Registered
7,869 Posts
Your picture showed a Briley after market choke based on seemily factory thread.
My best guess your barrel from that era has the so called factory G2 choke like the one on the left.

P choke G.II,III,IV.jpg

Reactions: Don Rackley

·
Registered
7,869 Posts
I'm not sure how Briley categorize these chokes, I think they're missing one generation among them.

There're 5 different Perazzi chokes based on thread, there's one pre-mess production chokes that was fitted to each barrel with s.# on them, not suppose to interchange with other barrels. We generally don't count it because there's no circulation on the market. They're very short. And very rare.
There're 4 generations of regular production chokes, and the G4 has different bore sizes, flush, and extended ones.
But we categorize by the thread. So 4 G.

Obviously Briley puts the pre-mess production ones as G1. So it should be 5G in total.
BUT, Briley only list 4 generations of Perazzi choke, there's one missing from them among the 4G we generally talked about. I don't know which one they're missing from Briley.

I think your choke is what we called G2, and it's the only bottom thread one with 1/4" extension. Everything before that are top thread, and anything after that are bottom thread and either flush or has 3/4" extension.

Reactions: Seitz 555

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Your picture showed a Briley after market choke based on seemily factory thread.
My best guess your barrel from that era has the so called factory G2 choke like the one on the left.

View attachment 1679051
Keep in mind, what you’re calling a “G2” in your pic, Briley calls a 3rd Generation on their website. They call the chokes with the threads at the top (found in most MT6s and some TM1s) a 2nd Generation:
Briley MFG - 12 Gauge

·
Registered
7,869 Posts
Keep in mind, what you’re calling a “G2” in your pic, Briley calls a 3rd Generation on their website. They call the chokes with the threads at the top (found in most MT6s and some TM1s) a 2nd Generation:
Briley MFG - 12 Gauge
Yes.
There's one problem, if Briley call this G3, then there should be 5 generations of P chokes. But they only listed 4, they missed one generation between their G3 & G4.
Look at my picture, they missed the G3 in my picture, based on their categorization, their G4 should be G5.

·
Vendor
2,158 Posts
From he serial number of the barrel, I think that may be a little too early for a Perazzi production choke.

I have plenty of G2 and G4 chokes (made by Gemini in Italy) in several constrictions.

Just fyi, the dimensions of a G2 choke that Steve W shows are as follow:
Outside diameter: 0.810"
Thread diameter : 0.800"
Threads are at the chamber end of the tube
Length of Choke Tube: 1.811:
Length of tube in the barrel: 1.536"
Thread Length: 0.664"
"Skirt" end Inside Diameter: 0.735"
I have these chokes in several constrictions, 2, 5, 6, 8

If you want to take some measurements and discuss, feel free to PM or call me.

Don Rackley

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Yes.
There's one problem, if Briley call this G3, then there should be 5 generations of P chokes. But they only listed 4, they missed one generation between their G3 & G4.
Look at my picture, they missed the G3 in my picture, based on their categorization, their G4 should be G5.
Your G3 looks kind of like a flush version of the G2. Are the thread pitch and/or bore sizes different?

·
Registered
7,869 Posts
No, they're different.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts