Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,090 Posts
Interesting timing, indeed! That is wild that the hulls were getting stuck. It sucks that your friend had to replace his barrel, and for a pretty penny too. Did they go into any further detail about the barrel being worn out? Thanks for sharing the story, Buster, that is very interesting. Also, I appreciate your kindness and interest in the post, unlike the disrespectful and ill-mannered trolls on this forum.
Ouch. That hurt.

·
Registered
805 Posts
For those of you who have owned or currently own a Perazzi (and have shot a combination of Foster slugs, buckshot and target loads that were factory loads or reloads), did you ever wear out or "shoot out" the barrel/barrels from just putting hundreds of thousands of rounds through your gun? I am asking this question factoring in the gun being professionally repaired (rebuilt if needed) by a good qualified gunsmith, in addition to receiving regular cleanings and being properly lubricated, etc.

If this hasn't happened to you personally, do you know someone who has owned or owns a Perazzi that has had this happen?

I don't personally know of this ever happening with any Perazzi as they are extremely reliable and are made with the utmost care, super high-quality materials and impeccable craftsmanship, I am just personally very curious to see if any Perazzi has ever reached a threshold for it's barrel life.
I have a Perazzi MX8 that has had the barrel worn out twice in its life time

·
Registered
805 Posts
So this was back in 2011 the full choke was about an IM choke on the single barrel and the double barrel was about an IM top barrel and M on the bottom is sent it to perazzi because the firing pin holes wore out

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Skeetman, they told him the warranty was only for original owner, he was second owner of the gun.

Buster
Interesting, and definitely good to know. When I bought a used F3 8 years ago they took it back, put all of the new guts in it, and swapped the rib out, no charge. Something must have changed between now and then.

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
The 10 year Blaser warranty goes with the gun. I'm very surprised they told him it was only for the original owner.
According to Blaser's website, it is original owner only:

Your Blaser weapon is covered by our warranty conditions for the first 10 years from the date of purchase. This warranty is only offered to the initial purchaser, who must also be a resident of the country of purchase. Please register your product by filling out the form below and sending it in to us.

·
Registered
76 Posts
For those of you who have owned or currently own a Perazzi (and have shot a combination of Foster slugs, buckshot and target loads that were factory loads or reloads), did you ever wear out or "shoot out" the barrel/barrels from just putting hundreds of thousands of rounds through your gun? I am asking this question factoring in the gun being professionally repaired (rebuilt if needed) by a good qualified gunsmith, in addition to receiving regular cleanings and being properly lubricated, etc.

If this hasn't happened to you personally, do you know someone who has owned or owns a Perazzi that has had this happen?

I don't personally know of this ever happening with any Perazzi as they are extremely reliable and are made with the utmost care, super high-quality materials and impeccable craftsmanship, I am just personally very curious to see if any Perazzi has ever reached a threshold for it's barrel life.
choke threads can go bad
chamber can go bad

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Properly designed and engineered barrels, manufactured without defects and with the appropriate steel, when used with the intended (and proved) loads, and not allowed to rust, have no moving parts, are not subjected to low cycle fatigue, and have an indefinite lifespan ie. THEY DO NOT WEAR OUT.
No so ribs, etc. affixed to those barrels.

Barrel tubes do rarely separate from the monobloc however - a Beretta

Office equipment Cylinder Publication Wood Trigger

Reactions: mg1polo

·
Premium Member
8 Posts

I have not heard of that happening!

21 - 40 of 48 Posts