Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have owned or currently own a Perazzi (and have shot a combination of Foster slugs, buckshot and target loads that were factory loads or reloads), did you ever wear out or "shoot out" the barrel/barrels from just putting hundreds of thousands of rounds through your gun? I am asking this question factoring in the gun being professionally repaired (rebuilt if needed) by a good qualified gunsmith, in addition to receiving regular cleanings and being properly lubricated, etc.

If this hasn't happened to you personally, do you know someone who has owned or owns a Perazzi that has had this happen?

I don't personally know of this ever happening with any Perazzi as they are extremely reliable and are made with the utmost care, super high-quality materials and impeccable craftsmanship, I am just personally very curious to see if any Perazzi has ever reached a threshold for it's barrel life.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
ive never heard of anyone shooting slugs out of,let alone,and wearing out a Perazzi bbl.
Surely,it is a smoothbore than can be resoldered at least 10 times...but why?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive never heard of anyone shooting slugs out of,let alone,and wearing out a Perazzi bbl.
Surely,it is a smoothbore than can be resoldered at least 10 times...but why?
Yeah, people do hunt with their Perazzis and put slugs and buckshot through them, definitely not as common as they are mainly used for clay shooting.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I'd bet there ain't 1 out of a 1000 used for hunting. Slugs and Buckshot are heavy recoiling hunting loads and someones shoulder would need surgery before the barrel was shot out.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
It’s a 12ga, not a .300 win mag. I have shotguns more than 100 years old that are still being shot regularly. My son's competition Perazzi MX8 combo is almost 50 years old, and being shot hundreds of rounds per week. You’re not going to wear one out in multiple lifetimes.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Only 41 more to go!
Exactly.
But I’ve taken pheasant/turkey/groundhog with my Blaser F3, Perazzi MX8/MX2000, my Citori XT and the list continues to the typical 870s/1100s. Only trap gun I’ve taken afield and felt the best was the Blaser; light and pointed well. The mx8 is a close second but has short 29.5” barrels.
IIRC I’ve heard stories of an older guy with sling mount eyes on a Kolar.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Interesting timing, I have a good friend of mine that shoots a Blaser F3 sporting. Gun is about 4-5 years old. Has never had a reload or a very heavy load shot thru it. Hulls started sticking in chambers, he normally shoots STS but has tried Fiocchi, Clever, AA, they all started sticking, sent the barrel back to Blaser, they told him the barrel was worn out. It is costing him about $3,000.00 to replace. Very surprised that Blaser did not offer to help.

Buster

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Interesting timing, I have a good friend of mine that shoots a Blaser F3 sporting. Gun is about 4-5 years old. Has never had a reload or a very heavy load shot thru it. Hulls started sticking in chambers, he normally shoots STS but has tried Fiocchi, Clever, AA, they all started sticking, sent the barrel back to Blaser, they told him the barrel was worn out. It is costing him about $3,000.00 to replace. Very surprised that Blaser did not offer to help.

Buster
Interesting timing, indeed! That is wild that the hulls were getting stuck. It sucks that your friend had to replace his barrel, and for a pretty penny too. Did they go into any further detail about the barrel being worn out? Thanks for sharing the story, Buster, that is very interesting. Also, I appreciate your kindness and interest in the post, unlike the disrespectful and ill-mannered trolls on this forum.

·
Registered
14,645 Posts

Buster
Blaser is supposed to have a 10 year warranty?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts

Buster
Worn out barrels causing sticking? Sounds like a bunch of BS. But just to help him out, tell him I'll give him $2,500 for Blaser F3 with the worn out barrels or $100 for the worn out barrels alone.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts