Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Barrel for a Mx2000. The gun and other barrel are very close to same week built was with another combo and i just got the gun last week.

It fits on gun and forend is fine, but the latch is more to the right almost to the point I'm afraid to shoot it. Can I just File a little off the Barrel ledge or where the top latch closes on barrel?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Best to have Perazzi Gunsmith do it...It's easy to file it off.....Much harder to put back..if your not in the Right spot.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Don't do it. The barrel "ledge" as well as the locking lug have to be machined to very precise angles and engagement depth. Just because you had to ask (no disrespect intended) indicates that you should have a qualified gunsmith do it for you. Marc

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I would recommend you send the gun to Doug Braker, the GunDr here on this site, and have him look it over for you. It should be a fairly reasonable charge to do this. Best bet is to call Doug and let him know your concerns and what you need and he can give you a quote. Doug has done many guns for me in the past, almost all Perazzi's. I just had him completely rebuild my personal MX3 Special and his work is flawless. Do I think he is the best? I just had him rebuild, and refinish, the ears on both barrels rather than do just the locking block. I also had him rebuild the forend lugs and refit the forend on the new barrels so everything is back to factory fresh. Had him install new springs, do some misc. trigger work, adjust the ejectors and re-time the hammers, and jewel the mono-block sides of both barrels. Yes, I do think he is the best........ Dan Thome (Trap2)

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
I know it's attempting, because it looks like a simple job. File off "a little" is not that difficult, If you change the angle of the lugs, you'll create another problem that'll require a few hundred dollars worth of welding and refitting. It's not the end of the world, but rather un-pleasant.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Don't do it you self. You my get lucky and do it right but if your not.
I would send it to Giacomo or Doug Braker both will the work right.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Billdendis,

Do not attempt to do this yourself, most likely you will screw it up and create another problem that will become very costly in the longrun.

Rich Bullard, Jr.

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
Richard B. Jr., my 34 inch MX-3 Special was professionally fitted and shoots 400 yards up a canyon killing everything in sight!! :) Thanks buddy!!

Hap

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.