Trapshooters Forum banner

Perazzi - A Day in the Factory - Video

2023 Views 21 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Pavlin
Always amazes me,...how much hand work is involved with all the CNC machinery and technologies that is available,..especially with the barrel straightening device, wow.....incredible to see the hand checkering done at a furious pace,..the stocker and metal workers...pleasure to watch.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,071 Posts
Thanks, Gamba Man, nice video.
Days before my wife and I went to Italy five years ago I developed a hernia. What timing...
We went, but my wife keeps telling me I did not have the quality experience I should have.
The next time we go a little stop by the Perazzi factory would make things right!

· Registered
118 Posts
Perazzi may have the fastest checkerers but their checkering is not the best, especially for a gun of that high a level
That would bug me too. But having enjoyed checkering as a hobby for a bit, it is just incredible to watch some of these folks at these factories and their checkering speed. Amazing.

· Registered
238 Posts
Always amazes me,...how much hand work is involved with all the CNC machinery and technologies that is available,..especially with the barrel straightening device, wow.....incredible to see the hand checkering done at a furious pace,..the stocker and metal workers...pleasure to watch.

EEB, what examples can you provide to back-up you comment. Please, show us. Vid’s, photos, of manufactures’ or anything else of the source you are comparing too. Off-hand criticism has no value without corresponding backup for your opinion. I find this video very well made and informative.

· Registered
868 Posts
EEB can you barrow someones Perazzi and try to show us that??
No need to borrow a Perazzi since I own five. You guys have got your panties in a bunch over one man’s opinion. Looking at my guns I see some gaps in the borders, and an uneven pattern on the forend of my DC12. These are grade 1 guns and some might say I’m picky but they all cost around 10k +-. As a general rule the borders on my 100+Year old Parkers are executed better.

· Registered
868 Posts
My comments critical of Perazzi checkering drew the ire of some Perazzi fanboys. Below are pictures illustrating what I meant. Believe me when I say Perazzi checkering is not bad, but when a gun is fully checkered in under 20 minutes, mistakes can be made….
Wood Eyewear Tints and shades Gadget Hardwood
Wood Bag Eyewear Automotive design Wallet

This is both sides of an MX8 Sporting. Execution of the borders is poor. The above picture shows an errant line.

Leg Wood Textile Floor Flooring

This is a 1992 Mirage. The lines do not extend to the border completely.

Wood Rectangle Musical instrument accessory Wood stain Varnish

This is the forend of a MX8/28. Border is cut crudely and checkering does not extend to the edge. A mullarded border would have made this better.

Again, I’m not bashing Perazzi but speed does not equal best quality. But I don’t believe anyone bought a Perazzi based on the checkering. YMMV

· Vendor
20,938 Posts
Thanks EEB. I'll see what I can produce by comparison. "Fanboy"? I am assembling a K80 TS currently. I own 30 FE and 20 buttstocks by Perazzi. I will take pics... Come back please.

Reactions: EEB
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.