Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
5,232 Posts
Come on... we all know that ALL clay shooting is really Skeet Shooting...

Jay

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
What happened to the OP? Why do people delete posts or whole threads?? I don't get it. I have participated in online forums for many years and it has been a LONG, LONG time since storage has been an issue on a forum. There was a time when people thought it was polite to delete posts to save on storae, but that concept really seems obsolete.

·
Registered
385 Posts
We don't shoot at birds or clays or even rocks. My neighbor knows," how many of those SKEETS do you shoot at?? "

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
MAH66, surely not. With the lively and intelligent post placed on each and every subject matter placed on this forum!

But since Iam in construction and constantly work with subgrades, I guess I won't concern myself with what/where I post.

·
Banned
996 Posts
Avaldes: It's because of the stupid ass responses you get not intelligent responses.

MAH66 it only gets that way because of the stupid ass answers to your question.

Asked a simple question and get dumb ass answers and nothing constructive.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well we know who gets the big baby of the year award. My gosh, loosen the clamp on your tight wound butt. It's a public forum full of shooters who use this for their club away from club. Jokes and cutting up are part of it as it is most gun clubs. Perhaps had you left your question up for more than an hour, you would have received the answers you wanted.

·
Banned
996 Posts
It was just a simple observation I had not a question requiring an answer but maybe some observations others had also.

I have only shot for a little over a year now and when I started I had to look and inquire as to where the clubs were at. Maybe they are scared to advertise I don't know.

Sense of humor is alive and well when there is something funny to laugh about I just didn't happen to find anything funny. now if there was something with Obumacare in it that would of been funny.

At 58 I'm well beyond being a baby Thanks though.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
If you want to find a trap club just hit the link and plug in your zipcode and the distance you're willing to travel.

-Gary

·
5,232 Posts
Maybe the follow up questions to the original post (had they stayed on), was how you even learned that "trap" existed and what caused you to inquire in the first place?!

Jay

·
Banned
996 Posts
When I was young I use to duck hunt a lot and shot clay birds one time from a hand thrower but that was it. Then a friend of mine wanted me to go shot trap with him and I finally did and I was hooked. ( shot 18 out of 25) Since then I have started shooting tournaments and won a buckle in the last tournament of the season. Love it just love it.

I know where to find clubs but people I speak to don't even know what trap is let alone skeet or sporting clays or 5 stand. Are our clubs getting to the public to keep our sports alive is the real question?

By the way, pardon me for my rudeness.

·
Premium Member
3,256 Posts
The title of this post refers to me when I first went to college. A classmate and I were talking about hunting, when he asked me if I shoot trap. I said; "what's trap?" He replied; "I'll pick you up Saturday morning". That's how I was introduced to the sport.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think that jmunsell just hit the real salient point on what it takes to grow the sport. Introduce someone to it! I expect most us us here were 'introduced' to shooting trap rather than deciding it was something we wished to do unilaterally.

If the participants on this board alone took only one new person out to shoot a round or two, it could have a positive effect on the numbers of active participants. I'm not speaking of taking a family member, rather an associate or someone you interface with who has the means to do a bit of bird hunting or play a round of golf for that matter.

Given the present dismal state of quail & pheasant populations in most areas, it also makes perfect sense to try to get the hunters out to shoot some clay targets and trap best mimics birds behind dogs or kicked up by a line of hunters trying to move some roosters.

If a person takes to it, they may become an ATA shooter or not, but either way it will add to the number of persons enjoying the sport. I'll be taking my own advice this winter and introducing a few new people to trap. Thank you, jmunsell, for bringing up the subject.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts