Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The PA State Teams have been officially announced. The webmaster has done a nice job with the presentation and added a lot interesting of historical data. ...and a surprise or two.

best .... mike

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't expect it's necessary to say this; but there are events at the Grand where the state teams do compete. Furthermore, making a state team is more than target requirements, and is based upon #'s of targets in three disciplines, shooting prescribed events at state shoots and most importantly, combined averages in all three, generally above 90%. Please don't trivialize those who have accomplished these goals. They've shot well and are to be congratulated.

best.... mike

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
I made our state team in 2000 and had no idea that I had or what it was! About a week prior to the Grand that year, I received a call from someone at the PSSA (Chuck Fritzges, perhaps) to find out of I would be able to participate in some event during "Grand week." I only went to the Grand for preliminary days and then mainly to shop but it was kind of cool to receive that call even though I was so clueless about the subject.

Ed

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
Making the state team is more than meeting target requirements-true. Unfortunately, the teams have become so watered down by so few shooters shooting those large #'s of targets-especially in categories-that making target requirements have become the major prerequisite. Modifying those requirements lower, especially in these trying times, might make those team category awards more meritorious!!

·
Registered
688 Posts
I agree with oleolliedawg! They have meet the target requirements. I am not saying they are not great shooters. Im just saying that there are also a bunch of great shooters that dont make the team, only because the target requirement is to much.

Jason in PA

1 - 10 of 10 Posts