Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Does anyone know the results of the Pa state association elections? Thank you.
Don’t have the results from their vote and could care less. They left all their shooters standing around waiting to shoot for two and a half hours this morning while they hashed it out.
Piss poor way to conduct your business.
Handicap was to start at 9 Am and did not start until 11:30.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Don’t have the results from their vote and could care less. They left all their shooters standing around waiting to shoot for two and a half hours this morning while they hashed it out.
Maybe they were searching for the trophies. Did they find them?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Agree - Many had to travel today and had left without shooting . I hope the any of the new officers take note, if they could not finish there business in a reasonable time they should have taken a recess and returned after the shooting , guessing 5- 600 shooters waiting with no word for 2.5 hours. In addition they still waited another hour to open the lower line??!!

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
to quiltedlumber, chuckar16 and others - PSSA always holds their annual meeting on Sunday morning. The program clearly states "the program begins at 9am OR at the conclusion of the PSSA Meeting". I forgot to add - regarding starting the bottom line an hour later - the bank assignments that are printed on your cashiered entry were made based on the top line starting at 9 and the bottom line joining in at 10. Starting all 12 banks when all the cashier receipts are based on 8 banks for the first hour would have been a total disaster.

Reactions: Jon Reitz

·
Registered
3 Posts
because of that wait; Pa. will be a better place to shoot; but you must give it some time.
My shooting buddies and I had to travel five hours home today. We were supposed to be first flight out at 9:00 or so. We should’ve been home by 4 o’clock in time to have a Father’s Day dinner with the family. PSSA has been a great place for us to travel and shoot. Today was a great disappointment. I am on the Board of Directors at our local Gun Club and we would never leave our membership or shooters hanging for 2 1/2 hours wondering. I suspect if an announcement had been made people would’ve started to request their money back. So basically we were trapped. This is what happens when organizations begins to believe that they are too big to fail. For some time during the ride home we discussed future plans for the PSSA shoots. Sunday shooting for this event could quite be a thing of the past for us. Now if 50% of the shooters today are feeling the same way that’s going to have a pretty big impact on your bottom line. To think we paid extra for pre-squadding to guarantee an early departure. Ha.
That was another thing that was messed up. We tried to pre-squad for the lower banks ended up with nothing only to find that the banks were open when we arrived on Thursday. Again we paid extra for nothing. We changed every pre-squadded bank to the lower banks without any problem whatsoever because they were wide open. The only pre-squadding request that we did receive was the first flight today and we know how that turned out. One other thing before I give this a rest. The automated practice fields are a great idea. But why only up top. I was told it was because the people up top are complaining that they had to go down to the lower field to practice. So great you fix their problem. What about all those people in the campground down below? I guess they don’t matter anymore. It would’ve made more sense to have two up and two down but why not four up and four down. The fields were empty anyway except for a bunch of trailers that were being stored there. I realize it’s hard to please everyone but unless there’s another reason that we’re not aware of the practice fields could’ve been set up differently to accommodate all.
See you in two weeks. Let’s hope it gets better from here.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I can tell you from a very reliable source that it is unlikely that the meeting will continue to be on Sunday morning exactly for the reasons stated above. It was changed several years ago and did nothing but make sundays program more drawn out than it needs to be

·
Registered
970 Posts
It use to be the Friday after the krieghoff shoot. One year I was in the shoot off and they said it would take place following the meeting. The meeting went on till 11pm then they canceled the shoot off. I had to drive 2 hours didnt get home till 1am and had to return the next day for the shoot off. These things happen to everyone, dont sweat it.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
The "don't sweat it" attitude is why they keep doing it.

To their credit, they did change their minds and allowed refunds for targets and fees, but not options, that was just a donation to the other shooters. Two of the ten guys I was with had to leave to drive 3 1/2 hours for other commitments on father's day.

Next year, we will squad, and not pay until we hear the call to the line.

·
Registered
22,914 Posts
Next year, we will squad, and not pay until we hear the call to the line.
Then you won’t get the call to the line. Squad sheets don’t print for unpaid slots.

·
Registered
22,914 Posts
The call to the line for the first 8 squads.

The sheets aren't printed anyway, they used blanks.
That ain’t the way it works anyplace I’ve shot. If not sheets stickers that stick on the sheets. Anything else is chaos.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts