Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yep, you read that right.

But before you get all excited, tcr1146 sent me samples of this shot, but said that his source only had 10 bags and he bought all of them. @tcr1146

Shame, too, this stuff is mighty good shot. If you come across any, buy it!!!

He sent me 15 or so pellets from a couple of the bags he bought.

This is good hard magnum shot. On par with the current AA and STS ammo, and the STS bagged shot (when you can find it.)

Both samples he sent crushed to an average of 0.022" which by my scale is HARD.

Anyway, I told him to put this stuff in his handicap reloads. It should pattern very good.

For the good of the sport!!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Thanks for taking the time and effort to provide this information. I plan to put it to good use.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Here's an interesting story about Winchester brand shot.

Back in my competitive skeet days, there was a good skeet shooter named Roy Dear that told me one day that a 1/2 oz. charge of #9 shot that his MEC loader would drop had approximately 30 more pellets in it than the equivalent drop of Lawrence brand shot.

I thought he was crazy as an outhouse rat, but one day, I got my hands on a bag of Winchester #9s and tried to prove Roy wrong. Was I surprised to find out he was absolutely right.

My count showed Lawrence dropping approximately 300 pellets and Winchester dropped approximately 330. I consider that to be a huge difference of 10%!

After that, I was constantly on the look-out for Winchester #9s to use in my .410 reloads for competition.

Good Luck and Good Shooting!

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Darn, recently load a bag that I picked up at a gun show. All 1oz. for 16's and first shot of doubles.
Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts