Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 45 year old 32 Winchester Special with Williams PeepSite. The gun shoots consistanly to the LEFT by 2 inches at 50 yards onto the target. Should I move the Rear PeepSite incrementally LEFT until its good, or move it to the right?? Just cannot remember how the rear site works. bruce

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
Move the rear sight in the direction you want the bullet to move to - in your case to the right (looking at the rear sight from the buttstock). Good luck.

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
You move the front site in the direction that you want to go. The rear site is moved in the direction that it is shooting. You can verify all this by drawing two points on a piece of paper and then putting one on each side and drawing lines. You'll get the point.

ss

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
SS you should let them do the sighting in. They are correct Front sight moves OPPOSITE the way you want to move the bullet / Rear sight moves the SAME way you want to move the bullet.

--- Chip King ---

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Chipking---what for up and down on rear site and front---I also have a williams peep and need directions---MYSTIC---PS---whats the FORS mean?

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
FORS = (Front Opposite Rear Same) This applies for both up/down and left/right and it applies to the direction you want to make the bullet impact go.

--- Chip King ---

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Think of it like the adjustable comb on your shotgun. Your eye is the rear sight on a shotgun. Move comb up, shot goes up (same direction). Move comb left, shot goes left. Many people put a taller front sight on their shotguns to lower the shot. Raise front sight, lower shot (opposite).

Wayne

·
Registered
16,534 Posts
FORS is good, haven't heard that before.

I just move the sight so my eye is looking where the bullet strikes. (a line from the POI through the front sight should go to your eye.)If you can't figure that out, tell me where you hunt so I can be elsewhere.

HM

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
We can banter back and forth for days about this. There is a simple solution, just do it.

Go to the range, set up and take three shots from a bench rest. Then move the sight two clicks right and take three more shots. Where is the second group in relation to the first? This will give you the answer you seek.

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
WHY do people who don't have a clue want to argue?

MOVE THE REAR SIGHT THE DIRECTION THAT YOU WANT IT TO SHOOT!

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
OOHHH!! My bad, i thought it said "PEEP SHOW". Sorry, i'm gone.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.