Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Yes i remember I was 8 years old and still remember, I was on a trip with my parents and we turned around and went home we stopped to get a soda pop and it was on the radio.

warren

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Warren

Your post makes you about 81 years old.-----I hope you are still shootin' Trap a couple times a week and breakin' all of em.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
6,715 Posts
Thank you for starting this thread. Haven't heard anything on the news yet.Just to fly the flag at half mast for Mandela till 9 Dec. Remember the Men who were lost to this attack Dec 7th

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm ashamed by the lack of attention a day like this has received. Flags at half staff today, then another two days for someone who, while an apparently impressive man, still didn't give up a single day of his life in defense of OUR country.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
If you were there or served during WW2 thank you much for your service. There are many of us who remember and want to give you the honor and respect you have earned and deserve. ed

·
Premium Member
18,860 Posts
What One Shot said pretty much sums it up. I wasn't born yet, but it was drilled in us in school what the Japs did to us. My Dad still tells me not to forget that day. He went thru there on the way to the Phillipines. To you guys that survived all of that, Thanks for your service. Charlie Henderson

·
Registered
606 Posts
I was three when Pearl was bombed. My parents had just become US citizens. As the war went on our family lost my mothers half brother and a cousin, both on the HMS HOOD. My Fathers brother served in the Canadian Forces in France and Germany. I, and my brothers, served proudly. To many people today have no idea what our vets went through.

ctreay

·
Registered
947 Posts
chuckie I'll be 81 next month I was gonna go shooting today but there was snow and the wind chill was going to be 13 so I decided to put it off for a little better weather. I am going to keep shooting until I can't hold the shotgun up. Thanks

warren

·
Premium Member
8,184 Posts
Easy for me to remember. Just have to go to our family home in Kalihi and look at my parents bedroom wall where shrapnel from a antiaircraft shell that exploded in our yard, is still there. My dad worked at the shipyard and was decorated for diving into the water over and over pulling wounded sailors out even while the second attack and the Japanese planes were strafing the men in the water was going on. Days after the attack my dad said when he went to work during the night shift it was all blacked out and quite he could hear the sailors who were trapped in the sunken ships hammering for help. One of my uncles, who was in the OSS and one of the first divers to enter the USS Arizona told us that most of the sailor he saw inside the first few compartments did not have there finger tips he said they had scratched them off on the hatches and bulkheads trying to get out Yes Dec 7 is a day I'll always remember.
Aloha
RR

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Until I heard that Obama ordered AMERICAN flags to half-staff for Mandela, I thought (hoped anyhow) it was in recognition of the AMERICANS lost on December 7, 1941.
Perhaps someone can help me out here...just curious:
Did the Obama's jump on Air Force One to attend the recent funeral of Margaret Thatcher...??
Did American flags fly at half-staff then...???
Could Obama's well established inherent RACISM be showing once again..???

·
Registered
456 Posts
C'mon Don...Obama isn't racist. He loves all those who follow behind him in lock step, and despises all those who question anything that he may feel fit to push upon us, color of skin be damned. The man is vanity empowered, an out of control school board member at best, and the epitomy of a failed administration on his best day. The list of his transgressions will someday make the Watergate scandal, the Iran-Contra debacle, all seem like the pranks of common elementary school children in comparison. Labeling him a racist is too light a sentence. I'm still ashamed I didn't do more to rally support for Romney...I just didn't think we'd be so stupid as to elect Obama a second time.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Obama thinks Mandela'a death was more important than Pearl Harbor. Oh well a Muslim could care less. When questioned in High School, Few 16 year olds knew who Mandela was!

1OT

·
Registered
41 Posts
First and most of all Thank You to everyone who is or has ever served in the military.

I remember my dad saying he was fishing when he heard on the radio about Pearl Harbor he packed up his gear and headed home. He told his mom he was going to join the Navy, of course she was upset and didn't want him to. But he told her "If I don't join the Navy now they will draft me when I am old enough and I wont have a choice of what branch" they finally agreed but his mom could not sign for him to join being under age. They had to get word to his dad who was Captain of Sinclair Oil and was on a ship. When his dad got the message he signed and my dad joined. His dad was then commissioned by the Navy during the war and they hoped to see each other during the war, but they never did. My dad said every time they got supplies from a Sinclair Oil Ship he would ask if his dad happened to be aboard many knew him but they never saw each other. My grandfather lost 2 tankers that were torpedoed during the war by the same U-boat captain but luckily made it safely home just like my dad. I grew up hearing Navy stories and about the war I always enjoy hearing more Thank you for the ones who have shared their stories. Michelle

·
Registered
890 Posts
I raised my flag back up on Sunday morning. To honor a non american on a day that should be forever remembered by every American was just plain disrespectful. What really burned me was that in his directive to lower the flag for mandela there was not a word about the soldiers that lost their lives at Pearl Harbor or that Dec 7 is a standing "half mast" day.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
We were shooting at the Silver Dollar on Dec 7. The management took time to Honor the moment. Proud of them for that. As a Vet I thank all who served before me, with me, currently serving and those who will serve. Jake, US Army Ret.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts