Trapshooters Forum banner

PC White Wads

1683 Views 5 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  acorange
I recently purchased a variety of reloading supplies from an estate. Included was a bag of PC 12 gauge wads that are white in color. There is very limited reloading data on the back of the bag. Can anyone direct me to a wider variety of reloading data for these wads? Thanks, in advance, for any helpful comments. JPM
Reactions: acorange
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,108 Posts
I searched Google for Pattern Control wad data - Google images came up with the photocopy page of Pattern Control Data that used to be supplied with the wads.
I found a bag of PC Post wads that I wanted data for..
The white wad was a Winchester AA12 substitute. It says Win length on the bag, I believe.

· Registered
154 Posts
MEC Outdoors offers three types of "white" wads. Made for them by an outside vendor. Maybe yours will match one of these and you can work backwards from there. Double check yours are not degraded (brittle...). I am sure you find some reloading data to use for your wads.

· Premium Member
877 Posts

· Registered
3,230 Posts
I have seen the PC wads made in white as a short wad for the old Rem. All Americans and the AA clone wad with and with out the spreader post. Later the Red PC wads were the AA style 1&1/8 oz. wad and the purple PC wad was the 1oz. Then Downrange bought them out, made them for a short while and now they are discontinued at least in the 12 gauge.
Which length do you have? Are they the same length as a AA or CB-1118 wad? I have a very large sheet with LOTS of powder/hull combinations from PC.
PM me with your address and I can send you a copy. It is 2 sided and I do not think a photo would work very well.
I LOVE these wads in the AA hull with WST powder and am always on the lookout for these wads to buy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.