Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
19,784 Posts
Minor Brino. you use about 15% more than other powders and need to reset your components to accomodate the fullness of the hull. But the low pressures for 1200 fps make up for all its flaws. I reload that and the Titewad stuff. PB for hcp and tiewad for 1 ounce on singles and my daughter nad SIL. Titewad is fine as long as the projectile is light and the fps is slow. PB is great because it has the lowest pressures and slwoest to develop, so the felt recoil is really light. I put everything in STS hulls. PB alos patterns tightly simlarly to Green dot

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hey - PB powder does have one MAJOR down side. It will tend to burn up the outsides of your plastic hulls. You will be lucky to get more that 3 to 4 loadings out of a nice Remington Nitro Hull. Otherwise thjough - PB is a great powder to shoot for it has a nice push and it smells great too. The beav

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
PB is a single base powder. Single base powders are sometimes hard to ignite in cold weather. Using a good "cold weather" primer is recommended if you are shooting in frigid temps. Otherwise it's a great powder, but more expensive to use than many other powders.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.