Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used Patternmaster chokes for waterfowl hunting for years with good success. I'm now using a couple of Briley regular extended tubes a .715 &.725 and they're not getting it. Has anyone tried a Carlson Cremator? They're 1/3 the price & I need two for my o/u.. Thanks

·
Registered
589 Posts
Doug; Have you put your Briley's on paper to see if their shooting to the same p.o.i. as the patternmaster's?

I have been using Patternmaster since they came out and have yet to find anything that will out-preform them. Admittedly I don't have any experience with the Carlson chokes but if they are 1/3 of the cost, Go for it. Your not going to be out that much.

Ken

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'd agree with putting the Brileys on paper. I've had good success with a couple of Browning chokes made by Briley, in LM and IM constrictions. I use Carlson's as well, and find them to be an excellent value. I haven't personally used the Cremator, though I've been around a couple and they seemed to work okay; no complaints from the users, that I recall. I use a Strangler choke in my BPS 20 gauge that replaced a Patternmaster. All I shoot through it are Faststeel 2's and Hevi-metal 4's, and it performs as well, maybe more consistently, than the PM did. It's probably more than a bit mental, I'd add.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts