Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been wondering about your high-altitude pattern results and whether or not the percentage increases are linear with altitude. Would those trends continue until there was no pattern dispersion at all in space? Any ideas? Thanks, Quicky

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Quicky, the percentage increases are very substantial, but "linear" is another question. I've gotten sidetracked with some 7/8 patterns testing to appear here soon, then the altitude results.

Jack Seehase always maintained that patterns were caused by barrel vibration rather than the atmosphere and to the extent that he was right (not much, in my opinion) shot will spread in space. Consider also that the shot, squeezed by a choke, will tend to flare back out a bit when uncorsetted, but beyond that my guess is that the great majority of the shot would be concentrated in a pattern not much bigger than the bore diameter . That, as well as target-flight changes (no slowdown, no "peak", just a straight trajectory to Alpha Centauri), would put a stop to complaints about "lollipop targets" altogether.

Neil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.