Trapshooters Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Both barrels shoot low with multiple chokes. I shot from bench and viewed a perfect figure 8 This tells me the rib needs to come up in rear but its not adjustable so Ill talk to Beretta and send pattern pics. They were supposed to email me a ticket number regarding my complaint but did not
If you had a perfect figure 8 i would say it would shoot low
you need to have a slight gap between them so the beads dont block your eye.

but if you want to know if the barells are not shooting right it very simple. take a 12 ga and 20 ga shell that has been fired cut off the plastic on both and then remove the spent primers. put the 20ga in the front of the barrel and the 12 ga in the chamber or the shell end , now hold it uo to the light where you can see down the barrels. now look and you will see some rin gs the only one that is important is the last one . now if the gun parrel has a perfect ring same thickness all the way around then you have a perfect straight shooting gun but more on the 50/50 side to make it shoot higher you will need to raise the comb. ( which you can just buy mole skin and put it on the comb). now if it thin on top it shoots high and if it thinner on the left side it shoots left and the same on the right. now you can spend 40 buck and buy some tool to put in the barrel but the empty does it with the same results. good luck. Lea

·
Registered
33 Posts
@Andymshoot

I know the original post is a bit old but I have a similar problem (same gun as yours). My bottom barrel patterns 6" lower than the top barrel at 16 yards. Gunsmith at Cole in Maine patterned it too and agreed, so they sent it back to Beretta. Beretta shipped it back 7 months later saying it's within spec. I have to raise my comb with aftermarket sleeve to try to center the top/bottom barrel overlap. How are you dealing with your barrel?

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
Trade the gun in for something else?

Or call Briley, and have them make you a choke that raises your POI 6 inches at your desired distance.

I have warned countless shooters here how Beretta handles their poor barrel regulation issues!!! Beretta has been doing this since 2004!!! Long before the Economy Crashed. Since Beretta does not fix the problematic barrels. These barrels keep floating around from shooter to shooter, with more being made each year. break em all jeff

·
Registered
33 Posts
Trade the gun in for something else?

Or call Briley, and have them make you a choke that raises your POI 6 inches at your desired distance.

I have warned countless shooters here how Beretta handles their poor barrel regulation issues!!! Beretta has been doing this since 2004!!! Long before the Economy Crashed. Since Beretta does not fix the problematic barrels. These barrels keep floating around from shooter to shooter, with more being made each year. break em all jeff
thanks, you might be right... It's definitely not inspiring me confidence in the gun. Perhaps its time to start reading views of similarly priced guns

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
It’s complete bullshit. Beretta has lost me for sure and not from this thread but countless others here and on other forums. If I spent even $1k and the gun didn’t shoot where it’s supposed to I’d be returning it. They’ve been around 500 years and they can’t regulate barrels?

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
or is it just their cheapest o/u?
Its all levels of Beretta O/U's!!! Palm Beach Trap and Skeet club used to sell lots of shotguns to their shooters. This was a private high end shooting club at the time. A shooter with deep pockets bought a brand new Beretta 687EELL O/U shotgun. Ordered it special from the shooting club. The first day the gun came in, this AA or AAA shooters could not hit crap with it. He and the owner of the club patterned the gun. The bottom barrel was like 9 inches off. The owner of the club took the gun and sent it into Beretta personally, and demanded a new barrel as a Beretta dealer. After 3-4 months Beretta told him the gun shot within factory specs, and would not repair or replace the barrel!!! The owner of the club bought the gun back from his private member, he then wholesaled off every Beretta gun he had in stock They never sold another Beretta firearm of any kind!!! You could by a Krieghoff or a Perazzi from this club, but not a Beretta. This happened early in 2004. Sadly this club closed its doors as its members sold out to housing developers just before housing crash in 2008. You take a slight gamble when you buy a Beretta today. Their customer service dept is one of the worst in the industry. sigh. break em all jeff

·
Registered
33 Posts
Its all levels of Beretta O/U's!!! Palm Beach Trap and Skeet club used to sell lots of shotguns to their shooters. This was a private high end shooting club at the time. A shooter with deep pockets bought a brand new Beretta 687EELL O/U shotgun. Ordered it special from the shooting club. The first day the gun came in, this AA or AAA shooters could not hit crap with it. He and the owner of the club patterned the gun. The bottom barrel was like 9 inches off. The owner of the club took the gun and sent it into Beretta personally, and demanded a new barrel as a Beretta dealer. After 3-4 months Beretta told him the gun shot within factory specs, and would not repair or replace the barrel!!! The owner of the club bought the gun back from his private member, he then wholesaled off every Beretta gun he had in stock They never sold another Beretta firearm of any kind!!! You could by a Krieghoff or a Perazzi from this club, but not a Beretta. This happened early in 2004. Sadly this club closed its doors as its members sold out to housing developers just before housing crash in 2008. You take a slight gamble when you buy a Beretta today. Their customer service dept is one of the worst in the industry. sigh. break em all jeff
oh man, sounds pretty bad... appreciate the warning

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
sounds pretty bad... appreciate the warning
They still make good firearms. The majority of their shotguns are just fine. However, they don't stand behind their products like they used to. Which is a shame. It is, what it is today. You have to roll the dice as it were when you buy a shotgun for 2 or 4 grand. This is not something everyone wants to try.
IMO this is why Caesar Guerini shotguns has taken off in the last decade. They have great customer service and still stand behind their products. Some shooters really dislike having to send a low to mid level shotgun to a factory to have work done to it. If you own a Perazzi or a Krieghoff, you expect to have to send the gun off to have work done. Its a deal breaker for some shooters. CG keeps all the parts to themselves. They do not sell parts to independent gun smiths. On the flip side, they do very good work and try to go above and beyond for shooters. They do this and still try to get the gun back to you in a timely manner. Something you don't see much of in this day and age. Now you have some facts. If your in the market for a new shotgun. I suggest you try as many local guns as you can at all the ranges in your area!!! Talk to the owners and ask questions. Most shooters will love to talk about their pride and joy shotgun. Don't forget to offer them a hotdog and a soda for their trouble. You might just make a new shooting buddy? Good Luck to Ya. break em all jeff

·
Registered
319 Posts
you've had the gun for 10 years and didn't know that it shot low!! pretty sure that you shouldn't waste your money shipping it to beretta. adjustable comb; or. ecentrix choke tubes from briley. 10 years wow!

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
The majority of their shotguns are just fine.
How big is the data set you have of patterned Beretta shotguns?

I think hand waving that the majority of their guns are fine, even though their regulation spec is flawed from the start and they manufacture guns on the same equipment, is trying to ignore the problem out of some sort of bias.
If its not bias then I'd love to see the the data.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
even though their regulation spec is flawed from the start and they manufacture guns on the same equipment, is trying to ignore the problem out of some sort of bias.
I have no idea how good, or bad the problem is over their. But since we only have shooters here and their complain about the issue. I expect the issue is not a large problem? I have a feeling (no facts) that it is one of the smaller barrel makers in Italy. With all the little shops over their, I assume Beretta has contracted out at least some of their barrel work. One shop could make the barrels and join them, while another shop adds the ribs to the barrels? We all know that its hard to keep Quality, when you start pushing for Quantity!!! I do know the issue has been going on for almost 2 decades though. I knew this issue was a problem when Palm Beach Trap and Skeet stopped selling "All" of their Firearms. Shotguns, and pistols over this issue. break em all jeff

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I have no idea how good, or bad the problem is over their. But since we only have shooters here and their complain about the issue. I expect the issue is not a large problem? I have a feeling (no facts) that it is one of the smaller barrel makers in Italy. With all the little shops over their, I assume Beretta has contracted out at least some of their barrel work. One shop could make the barrels and join them, while another shop adds the ribs to the barrels? We all know that its hard to keep Quality, when you start pushing for Quantity!!! I do know the issue has been going on for almost 2 decades though. I knew this issue was a problem when Palm Beach Trap and Skeet stopped selling "All" of their Firearms. Shotguns, and pistols over this issue. break em all jeff
Yes exactly. With such a low data set conclusions can't not be made realistically. Combined with the fact that misses don't provide feedback in clay shooting (hence the well worn fallacy phrase of 'if i do my part') means that there is no way to know just how bad the problem is, but we can conclude that it is probably worse than we know.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Were you able to hit anything shooting this gun. If not why did you not check it earlier...if you shot it well why would you want to change it? There are a lot of unanswered issues.

Buster

·
Registered
33 Posts
Were you able to hit anything shooting this gun. If not why did you not check it earlier...if you shot it well why would you want to change it? There are a lot of unanswered issues.

Buster
Yes, I’m able to hit things with it. I patterned the first day I got the gun shipped to me form Joel Etchens. I wouldn’t say I shoot well with anything yet but I mentally compensate for the bottom barrel when I’m shooting skeet. For trap, not a big deal since the club I shoot trap only has singles and I’ll just use the top barrel.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts